• 10 March 2018
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Just heard about this
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/home

Has anyone received a code for this ?
How do I get one ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Goodness - what on earth is going on at Sonos? This, on top of the CR100 debacle, really does suggest that this once great company has hopelessly lost its way.

T
and (d) reside in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States (the “Participating Countries”).

Note that the discount is limited to the following maximum amounts: USD 200, CAD 250, AUD 260, GBP 160, EUR 200, SEK 1,650, DKK 1,250, NOK 1,620, CHF 200.

Hey Max,

So based on the above Greece is OUT of the offer ?

And if YES can you please explain us why ?

Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
and (d) reside in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States (the “Participating Countries”).

Note that the discount is limited to the following maximum amounts: USD 200, CAD 250, AUD 260, GBP 160, EUR 200, SEK 1,650, DKK 1,250, NOK 1,620, CHF 200.

Hey Max,

So based on the above Greece is OUT of the offer ?

And if YES can you please explain us why ?

Thanks in advance.

Errrr.........Greece uses the Euro
However, it's entirely possible that there are local laws that make it difficult to do so.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Finally submitted my claim - got sent a code eventually - and now they denied the claim based on the retailer not being "authorised" despite the retailer group being on their list. I do hope it's a simple error (waiting to hear back) rather than a conscious attempt to deny as many claims as possible, on whatever spurious grounds they can dream up. That would be a real shame, for a company with the reputation that Sonos has, for them to start playing these games. First a very poorly explained promotion, and then denying claims left, right and centre..... The Playbar may have to go back yet if they refuse to accept the claim (anyone have experience of the Samsung MS650 btw as an alternative?)

I'll post back with Customer Service's response... Anyone else had a similar issue of denied claims on dodgy grounds?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Finally submitted my claim - got sent a code eventually - and now they denied the claim based on the retailer not being "authorised" despite the retailer group being on their list. I do hope it's a simple error (waiting to hear back) rather than a conscious attempt to deny as many claims as possible, on whatever spurious grounds they can dream up. That would be a real shame, for a company with the reputation that Sonos has, for them to start playing these games. First a very poorly explained promotion, and then denying claims left, right and centre..... The Playbar may have to go back yet if they refuse to accept the claim (anyone have experience of the Samsung MS650 btw as an alternative?)

I'll post back with Customer Service's response... Anyone else had a similar issue of denied claims on dodgy grounds?

OK thankfully they saw sense and have approved my claim. Phew, and bravo Sonos for correcting your mistake! 🙂
I emailed Sonos asking when I may receive my code as I bought a Playbar from John Lewis online in January, to my knowledge I fitted the promo criteria (as its vary vague).

Their reply is below:

--
To be eligible for this promotion, you must first have received an email from Sonos containing your unique coupon code. The coupon is mainly intended for use on Sonos but can also be used to claim back 20% from a purchase made in retail, only if the purchase was made after you received the promotional email.
--

So it would seem you have to wait for an email and the promo can only be applied from orders after this has been received.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
I emailed Sonos asking when I may receive my code as I bought a Playbar from John Lewis online in January, to my knowledge I fitted the promo criteria (as its vary vague).

Their reply is below:

--
To be eligible for this promotion, you must first have received an email from Sonos containing your unique coupon code. The coupon is mainly intended for use on Sonos but can also be used to claim back 20% from a purchase made in retail, only if the purchase was made after you received the promotional email.
--

So it would seem you have to wait for an email and the promo can only be applied from orders after this has been received.

I would email customer services again, telling them when you purchased and enclosing proof, and advising that you have not received a code. I'm sure they will then email you one. That's what happened for me. 🙂 . I do agree though the T&C's for this are ridiculously vague 😞

Their reply is below:

--
--

I would email customer services again, telling them when you purchased and enclosing proof, and advising that you have not received a code. I'm sure they will then email you one. That's what happened for me. 🙂 . I do agree though the T&C's for this are ridiculously vague :(

I tried this and I got the impression even they are confused by the terms too! I'm just going to ignore this promotion and hope there is a easier to understand deal to tempt me in the future.
Thank you for posting this. I searched my emails from Sonos just now and found one from February 1st and it has the coupon code. The fine print said “Single-use code valid at sonos.com from February 1, 2018 through February 14, 2018. The Promotion is subject to applicable Terms and Conditions found here. If you purchased a Qualifying Product(s) from an Authorized Sonos Retailer, your code can be used to claim a 20% Cashback here.”, but I ordered a connect and a sub, applied the code they sent in the email and got $200 off. SCORE! I am more than happy! I would suggest seeing if you have an old email from them and try it , you might be doing a happy dance too!
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Unfortunately no mails for me !
Oh, that sucks. Sorry.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I raised this with Sonos Customer Care having purchased a couple of Play 1's in early February. This past weekend sent them proof of purchase along with a hyperlink to the promotion page on the Sonos website and asked for a code to use.

The response I received stated that the "Offer is only valid to new customers (Households) that have registered a Sonos product for the first time during 01 October 2017 and 31 December 2017 and who have received the promotional email."

BUT nowhere in the Terms and Conditions which apply to this promotion does it state anything of the kind. There is no mention of a promotion period. There is no mention of it being restricted to "new customers".

https://sonos-welcome.com/ie/en/pages/cashback/terms

There seems to be complete confusion within Sonos about this promotion.

I've replied to customer care pointing this out and asked again for a code.
I fit the criteria, but with that being said, I agree that it does not mention those requirements anywhere. Hopefully they will provide you and anyone else who takes the time to contact them a coupon code and reward their loyal customers. It would provide goodwill and customer satisfaction. It is “doing the right thing”
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Well I've had another reply but it's essentially a repeat of the initial response and states, "I can advise that the 20% Owner Offer is only valid to new customers (Households) that have registered a Sonos product for the first time during 01 October 2017 and 31 December 2017. These customers received the promotional email which provided them with a coupon code and a link to Terms and Conditions and How to Claim Cash Back if purchasing from an authorised retailer."

It's like there's an echo in the room!

YES Sonos I know that this is what you say BUT in the T&Cs it says no such thing
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Having asked Sonos Customer Care where in the T&Cs it says anything about "new customers" or a promotion period, I had a reply from someone different in Customer Care.

The answer?

He's saying exactly the same as the previous response.

I have asked yet again for them to state where this is found in the T&Cs.

It really would help if Sonos Customer Care would actually read what it states on their own website.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Well this is odd.

When I try to access my "Incidents" to see if there's any progress on this, via the My Account menu or via the "Support" route I consistently get "Site Can't Be Reached" messages or the browser page simply fails to load. I get this using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

It worked perfectly until yesterday evening.

It's the same on multiple PCs and on my Android tablet.

It's the same when I follow the link provided by Sonos on the acknowledgement email when I first raised this with the Customer Care team.

Every single page on other parts of the Sonos website are absolutely fine.

If I were of a suspicious nature I would be inclined to think that Sonos Customer Care is trying to avoid me. 😞
We purchased a sonos one with Alexa on 30th November, this week we purchased a sonos 5 and was told by retailer we should have a 20% discount code as we were purchasing again within 4 months, but never did get an email, so I asked sonos support who agreed I should have a discount code and can do a cash back claim on their website, unfortunately 3 days later and several emails back and forth still no discount code, well I have the 100 day return so if I do not get a code and get my 20% it will go back and they can deal with a used open box product.
Well this is odd.

When I try to access my "Incidents" to see if there's any progress on this, via the My Account menu or via the "Support" route I consistently get "Site Can't Be Reached" messages or the browser page simply fails to load. I get this using Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer.

It worked perfectly until yesterday evening.

It's the same on multiple PCs and on my Android tablet.

It's the same when I follow the link provided by Sonos on the acknowledgement email when I first raised this with the Customer Care team.

Every single page on other parts of the Sonos website are absolutely fine.

If I were of a suspicious nature I would be inclined to think that Sonos Customer Care is trying to avoid me. :(

yep, same here - maybe they are getting too many of us asking for the promised discount
Well I've had another reply but it's essentially a repeat of the initial response and states, "I can advise that the 20% Owner Offer is only valid to new customers (Households) that have registered a Sonos product for the first time during 01 October 2017 and 31 December 2017. These customers received the promotional email which provided them with a coupon code and a link to Terms and Conditions and How to Claim Cash Back if purchasing from an authorised retailer."

It's like there's an echo in the room!

YES Sonos I know that this is what you say BUT in the T&Cs it says no such thing

That’s what I was told at retailer and by customer support, retailer told me as soon as we purchase the 5 this week but still waiting for sonos to supply the code
why do we need a code, if we have products registered why not just upload receipts ?
I contacted Sonos again about this and informed them that some people on their forums had received the codes in the same situation as me and got money back, their response:

"The promotion applies only to new Sonos customers buying our products for the first time between the 1st October 2018 and the 31st December 2018. Unfortunately, as your purchase falls outwith these dates no email for the offer was sent to you."

So naturally I brought it to their attention that there is no mention in their T&Cs about the dates.

Their response:

"Although there are not dates mentioned in the terms and conditions there is reference to customers who are entitled to the promotion receiving an email from us."

It seems they are cherry picking people, I am pretty sure this is against Advertising Standards, with them not declaring all terms of the promotion!
A quick Google and the ASA https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/promotional-marketing-terms-and-conditions-tcs.html state this:

"Whilst significant conditions may differ between promotions, Rule 8.17 lists significant conditions which are likely to apply to all promotions. These conditions include:

- how to participate, including any costs or factors likely to influence consumers’ understanding of the promotion;
- any free entry route explanation;
- start date (if applicable);
- closing date;
- any proof of purchase requirements;
- the nature and number of any prizes or gifts, or a reasonable estimate if the number cannot be determined;
- the existence of any restrictions or limitations, such as age, date or geographical restrictions;
- any limitations of availability; and
- Unless obvious, the promoter’s name and address."
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Had a reply from Sonos Customer Care:

I am contacting you today as I have received feedback from our Management Team who have advised that if you click on the ‘claim now’ button on top right page of the terms and conditions page, On the next page you have to tick the boxes and enter the voucher code that Sonos sent out to new customers (Households) that have registered a Sonos product for the first time during 01 October 2017 and 31 December 2017. I

Therefore to be eligible, you must first have received an email from Sonos containing a unique voucher code and if you did not receive the offer email with the Sonos voucher code then you cannot make a claim.

1. The webpage - https://sonos-welcome.com/ie/en/pages/cashback/home - does not state this and is therefore misleading.
2. When you click on the "claim now" button and on the next page - https://sonos-welcome.com/ie/en/claims/cashback/get-started - you are asked to tick a box that refers to a promotional period which is not defined anywhere, either on this page or in the T&Cs.

In the UK the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations mean you can’t mislead or harass consumers by, for example:
- including false or deceptive messages
- leaving out important information

The UK Advertising Standards Authority rules are that, "Marketing communications must not mislead the consumer by omitting material information. They must not mislead by hiding material information or presenting it in an unclear, unintelligible, ambiguous or untimely manner."

It seems to me that Sonos is very definitely misleading customers - the webpage - https://sonos-welcome.com/ie/en/pages/cashback/home - is STILL current.

Oh, and I'm still not able to access my "Incidents" from My Account.

Seems I'll have to escalate.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
So Sonos Customer Care are still giving me the brush off, saying that to eligible you have to "...have received an email from Sonos regarding the Promotion within one-hundred (100) days of your first purchase of Qualifying Product(s),....." as per the T&Cs.

I would make the following points.

1. Nowhere is it clear that you should have received this in advance of your purchase
2. Existing owners of Sonos products are not necessarily the purchasers of such products.
3. If you've already purchased a Play 3 your first purchase of a Play 5 is a "first purchase" of a Qualifying Product.

Note that making a purchase in retail will not automatically render you eligible for the cashback, you are only eligible if you received the offer by email.

I also ordered a Sonos system, because Interdiscount had a 20% Cashback banner running on the products. I'm sure a lot of people ordered with this cashback in mind to get it when bought. This kind of cashback and the way of advertisement is a joke..