• 10 March 2018
  • 55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Just heard about this
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/home

Has anyone received a code for this ?
How do I get one ?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Nope. Last promotional email I got was for the Sonos One bundle on February 9th.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
This https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057849795 suggests it’s for new customers and applies to an additional order only for the 20% off 😠
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
I got an email from Sonos on 2/22 with this offer. It was just what I was waiting for to get a sub for the PlayBase. IIRC, the discount was capped at $200, so you couldn't go crazy, but applied only to the first $1,000 of the purchase. You could use the code on sonos.com to get an immediate 20% discount, or provide a receipt and get a rebate afterwards.
I'm not sure I fully follow what the rules are for this? I purchased a pair of One's 3 weeks ago from Amazon, does that count for a code on a future purchase? Or do I purchase a Sub and then claim it back? I think it is the "may" in the terms that is not helping clear this up.
I would also love to get in on this if anyone figures out what you need to do to get the email/use the discount. I got my first pair of Play 1's in Jan and have been thinking about a Sub and Soundbar... checking my email (spam filter) daily since i got
my "welcome to sonos" email a couple of weeks ago.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Yeah come on SONOS send ME a code too!! Waiting to buy a PlayBar! 😃 .
I could use a code too, I need more Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yes Sonos, what about rewarding existing customers who've already bought into the ecosystem?
Literally just finished installing a brand new system.... where do we get the code from??? :?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
A guy on chat said it was for purchases made in October last year and all codes were emailed on 22nd Feb. He did suggest it was for any purchase and not 2 items (as said elsewhere), then again not sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing between the chat and CS dept :?!

I did purchase a Playbar during that time, and activated it the day I received it (30th october!) but curiously my account wrongly says it was registered on Boxing Day - some 2 months later! Oh and allegedly I also registered a Sub at 6am on New years day....er... I was asleep with a cracking hangover brewing! It was actually fully registered in November on its purchase date (who'd wait months to activate a sub?! It's awesome! lol) . Any way it looks like their registration dates are all very very wrong!!

So, SADLY I expect them to query the registration date to conveniently get out of voucher code eligibility 😞 . If they do it'll be a huge shame for a new Sonos convert with a great 5.1 system, and a proper kick in the teeth for "loyalty"!

Anyway, I have emailed customer service so will see what they say.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
the rules of this promotion are very vague at best !
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
the rules of this promotion are very vague at best !

Indeed, it's almost as though Sonos want to shout about a cool 20% offer, but at the same time limit the amount of people who can take advantage of it. Almost 😛
So the ship has sailed on this promotion? In which case I will stop tempting myself with the sub and my neighbours can rest easy. 🙂
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
So the ship has sailed on this promotion? In which case I will stop tempting myself with the sub and my neighbours can rest easy. :)

Never let go of the dream! The sub is epic btw....
I'm sure it is but I'm still enjoying the difference the One pair has made to the Soundbar so can be happy with that. I might actually make my Bedroom a One pair this month instead, so at least Sonos hasn't missed out too much! 😮
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I think some clarification from Sonos is needed on the exact criteria. Currently its got more holes in it than a swiss cheese.

even the number of pages dedicated to this promotion seems only to confuse !
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/claims/cashback/get-started
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/how-it-works
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/terms
https://sonos-welcome.com/gb/en/pages/cashback/contact

for example the FAQ page section "Why can’t I select my purchase date?" with a reason being your purchase is too early/late/not in the claim window... please refer to Terms and Conditons. Yet the terms and conditions make no mention of any fixed dates but something about "within 100 days of your first purchase" and later " within two (2) weeks of the first date of notification by e-mail from Sonos of the Promotion"
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi All, thank you for your interest in the Promotion.

We’d like to confirm that, to be eligible for this Promotion, you must first have received an email from Sonos containing your unique coupon code. The coupon is mainly intended for use on sonos.com. It can also be used to claim back 20% from a purchase made in retail stores, but only if the purchase was made after you received the promotional email.

Please see below the Eligibility criteria as laid out in the Terms & Conditions found here.

5. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion (an “Eligible Participant”) you must (a) be an individual of legal age in your jurisdiction of residence, (b) be an end user customer, (c) have received an email from Sonos regarding the Promotion within one-hundred (100) days of your first purchase of Qualifying Product(s), and (d) reside in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States (the “Participating Countries”).

Note that the discount is limited to the following maximum amounts: USD 200, CAD 250, AUD 260, GBP 160, EUR 200, SEK 1,650, DKK 1,250, NOK 1,620, CHF 200.

Note that making a purchase in retail will not automatically render you eligible for the cashback, you are only eligible if you received the offer by email.

Let us know if you have any other questions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
thanks Max - so what are the criteria for receiving a coupon in the first place ?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
"Note that making a purchase in retail will not automatically render you eligible for the cashback, you are only eligible if you received the offer by email."

So the promotion is entirely random and at the mercy of the random emails sent out?! Brilliant.
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
thanks Max - so what are the criteria for receiving a coupon in the first place ?
Hi Nicka99, I've edited my post with the info to be eligible to participate in the Promotion.
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
The T&C's are so muddled.

They talk of the "promotion period" but there is no definition of this period? Other than (for qualifying purchases) "within 6 weeks of receipt of the email from Sonos of the promotion" ? Huh. So the promotion itself is not time limited other than for a period after someone receives an email? What kind of "promotion" is this? Not one I've ever seen before.

So for a retailer purchase 20% cash rebate, can I buy today and it will be a "qualifying purchase"? BUT I can only claim if I have received an email from Sonos with a code as that is required?

The T&C's make no mention of this requirement for a code in sections 12-16!

Entry for Participant(s) who bought Qualifying Product(s) from Participating Retailers

12. After purchase of the Qualifying Product(s), Participants must visit www.sonos-welcome.com, complete the claim form and upload a copy of their proof of purchase in the form of a receipt or invoice detailing the specific Qualifying Products purchased.

Yes I can do that, although need a code from somewhere, but not mentioned in 12-16?!
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Honestly, this is hilarious....this from the "claim form" website.

WHEN is the promotional period? WHEN?

Even if we knew, there is still the mysterious "code" to proceed with it.

Seriously messed up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
Hi Nicka99, I've edited my post with the info to be eligible to participate in the Promotion.

ok - still confused. you write "have received an email from Sonos regarding the Promotion within one-hundred (100) days of your first purchase of Qualifying Product(s)"

so the unique code mail is sent only to customers who have purchased something in the last 100 days ? is this new customers only making their first purchase or anyone ? Any other criteria - lucky dip ? three legged black cat owners ?

what Im really after is - what are all the factors/triggers for the promotional mail to be sent ?
Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Also confused.

Please (in real language not T&C speak) can you clarify the following?

1. If I bought from Sonos direct in last 100 days, I should have received a code and can use that to get 20% off next purchase?

2. If I didn't buy direct and bought from a retailer within the promotion period (last 100 days??) then I can apply and get a 20% rebate from sonos?

So for 2, where do I get a code? Because a CODE is needed for the rebate form application?! I am in this category.

Finally, if I want to buy a Playbar TODAY, is there ANY discount/rebate on offer? That is a question a lot of people need to be answered directly. If there is NO discount on offer then I suspect most of us will just move on and forget this "promotion" as it is not current and not worth spending any more time over.

Please MaxP can you clearly clarify these options.

Many Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi All, thank you for your interest in the Promotion.

5. To be eligible to participate in the Promotion (an “Eligible Participant”) you must (a) be an individual of legal age in your jurisdiction of residence, (b) be an end user customer, (c) have received an email from Sonos regarding the Promotion within one-hundred (100) days of your first purchase of Qualifying Product(s), and (d) reside in one of the following countries: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States (the “Participating Countries”).

Okay, so I've bought a couple of qualifying Sonos products within the last 100 days. Am I likely to receive a code? If so, when is it likely to be?:?