Answered

Paired Sonos One not connecting to AirPlay

• 16 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hello - I have a Sonos One and a Sonos One SL paired in my kitchen and I would like to use them with Apple Airplay.  Apple Airplay seems them, but has never been able to connect - return error message “AirPlay - Unable to connect to “Kitchen””.

Everything seems up to date, so I stuck for a solution

icon

Best answer by Paul A 17 January 2021, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @nleeder.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I would like to ask some questions to better get an understanding of the situation on what is going on.

• On the Screenshot you have provided, “Non-Airplay compatible products” are disabled. Can we check to be sure that the (kitchen0 is not grouped to any other Sonos rooms on the Sonos App.
  • Only airplay capable devices will show on the airplay lists but it would not show if it is grouped or not to any other devices (on the Sonos App) and in the above situation, Airplay would not work if (kitchen) is grouped to non-airplay capable devices on the Sonos App.
  • Can we try to separate the stereo pair using the Sonos App. Can we try to Airplay on each Sonos One And One Sl to check if we have audio from each of the Sonos One and One Sl?
  • Once confirmed that both have airplay audio, can we try to create stereo pair and check if we are now able to Airplay on the stereo paired Sonos products.
  • Can we submit a diagnostic at each test to document and so we can also check what is going on?

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks @Paul A .  In relation to above:

• I can confirm the kitchen is not connected to any other rooms.
  • I separated the speakers.  The Sonos One SL works fine on Airplay, but the Sonos One does not connect.  I have tried this on the phone and my Mac and neither connects.  It plays fine through the Sonos app.
  • I have run the diagnostics as requested,  The diagnostic number is 1938244070.

Thanks,

Nick.

Have you tried a simple power cycle of the Sonos One?

Badge

Thanks @John B for the suggestion. If you mean the classic “turn it off and on again”, then unfortunately yes. One of the first things I tried. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @nleeder.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

From this point, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and find out what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue. I would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of the issue happening so we can check if there are any wireless interference that might be causing this issue as well.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,