Google Home see's 2 TV's through the Sonos Arc (there is just one)

• 29 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I am trying you Google Assistant through my Sonos Arc and I noticed my Google Home App has 2 TVs (syched through Sonos) and one Speaker. With them all looking identical and all not originally named in anyway I could identify them it’s a bit of a ‘mess’ in my Google Home App.

Especially as I also sych my TV itself through Home Assistant (LG still hasn’t released Google Assistant in The Netherlands). So I effectively have the same TV 3 times. Which can cause Google Assistant to get a wee bit confused. With naming things differently I got most issues solved.

But I still cannot figure out why Sonos is sending out the same TV twice.

I have “Sonos TV Control Sonos TV” and “Sonos TV Control Woonkamer” (woonkamer means living toom in Dutch). This seems to indicate both my Arc and my Sub are both sending out the TV. Which is kinda odd as my Sub isn’t connected to my TV anymore since I got an Arc. Is there someway it remembers the old connection and if so, can I clean it up?

If I click ‘unlink’ on the “Sonos TV Control Woonkamer” (which is the Sub), it tells me it will remove all devices from Sonos. That’s a wee bit much for just wanting to lose that one :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

HI @Asgorath, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know your concern. Let me help you with you this by following the steps below to see if it will work for you.

1. Remove Google Assistant 
  2. Sign out from your Google account on all your devices.
  3. Create a unique name for each room for your Sonos speakers for Google Assistant to identify the correct device.
  4. Re-add Google Assistant

Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to identify the correct device? You can also run through our troubleshooting guide

If after performing the steps above and still experiencing the same with Google Assistant, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device. We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

HI @Asgorath, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community and for letting us know your concern. Let me help you with you this by following the steps below to see if it will work for you.

1. Remove Google Assistant 
  2. Sign out from your Google account on all your devices.
  3. Create a unique name for each room for your Sonos speakers for Google Assistant to identify the correct device.
  4. Re-add Google Assistant

Does the issue still continue, or does it seem to identify the correct device? You can also run through our troubleshooting guide

If after performing the steps above and still experiencing the same with Google Assistant, I recommend contacting our Sonos Customer Care support with your full network setup including the make and model for each device. We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks… First off. Odd I corrected ‘Sub’ into ‘Amp’ after I wrote the original post. But I guess I didn’t save my edit. Does it matter? I didn’t mean the Sub is also sending out there is a tv, but my Amp is.

I’m a bit confused. Do you mean disconnect Google Assistant from Sonos when you say ‘remove google assistant’? The information is also in Google Home (the two are intertwined). I can unlink my entire Sonos system there and re-link it. Is that what you mean?

In Google Home and Google Assistant I did rename things. It’s just that it gets the TV send once from the Arc (actually connected to the TV through HDMI) and the Amp (not connected to the TV - it once was, but removed that long before starting to use Home and Google Assistant). So I don’t understand why the Amp is also sending out there is a tv attached to it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Asgorath, thank you for the updates. That’s fine, the Sub nor the Amp are not compatible with Google Assistant. That’s right, removing Google Assistant from your Sonos system. You can try to unlink and re-link Google Assistant from your Sonos system and see what will happen. If nothing improved,  It would be best to work with our phone support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step and understand your network setup. If you have any questions, feel free to reach back.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Asgorath, thank you for the updates. That’s fine, the Sub nor the Amp are not compatible with Google Assistant. That’s right, removing Google Assistant from your Sonos system. You can try to unlink and re-link Google Assistant from your Sonos system and see what will happen. If nothing improved,  It would be best to work with our phone support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting step and understand your network setup. If you have any questions, feel free to reach back.

It did not solve the problem. I may not have explained it correctly. I know the Amp does not have a voice assistant :) When I add the voice assistant using the Arc and One it scans my entire system and both the Arc and the Amp will ad a “Sonos Tv Control” device linking to my LG TV. Which is odd as only the Arc is connected through HDMI to the TV and the Amp isn’t connected to the TV at all.

I will call the Dutch support line :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

This happens in Google Home once I add Sonos to the Voice Assistant…

(Sonos TV = Arc | Woonkamer = Amp)

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Asgorath, thank you for your response. This could be a setting in your Google Home. To further help you with this, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to isolate the issue. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Asgorath, thank you for your response. This could be a setting in your Google Home. To further help you with this, it would be best for you to continue working with us over the phone to isolate the issue. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Once they are open I will :) Thanks again for all the quick responses.