Why do I feel I have just wasted £1500

Badge

I have just purchased an Arc and Sub Gen3, paired with a couple of Play:1’s that I had lying around that weren’t being used.

I cannot for the life of me get it working to get a decent sound out of it.

The biggest issue is that I cannot turn on Dolby Digital Plus on my Sky box because the lip sync is out and no amount of adjustment on the TV, Sky Box or Sonos app makes any difference, when I leave it on Stereo PCM it sounds poor. 

I previously had an Onkyo Dolby Atmos amp and when that was outputting Sterio PCM it sounded significantly better than this. It was working perfectly but fancied a change, a change I am now seriously regretting.

I work in IT so I consider myself to be reasonable competent with such things and I have literally tried everything.

My TV is a 2019 model Philips Ambilight 55” 4K with arc output. The Sonos is connected to this HDMI port and the sky box is connected to another HDMI port. I have tried every HDMI cable I have in the house including the one that came with the ARC. I have tried disconnecting power on all devices etc etc.

I even started looking at buying another TV today but I really don’t fancy spending another £1000 witth no guarantee it will work. 

Can anyone help before this goes on ebay!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Badge

To the use of the word “waste” in the title thread: In many parts of the world there is a Sonos full and no questions asked refund policy. Are you not in any of those parts?

You tell me.

How? Why would or should I?!:-))

To the use of the word “waste” in the title thread: In many parts of the world there is a Sonos full and no questions asked refund policy. Are you not in any of those parts?

You tell me.

You’re in the UK. You have a return option.

It does seem a shame though, as Sonos is not at fault here. As previously noted, the Arc plays audio when it receives it. Delays introduced by third party kit are not its responsibility.

Workarounds to mitigate those upstream delays have been offered.

You’re in the UK. You have a return option.

It does seem a shame though, as Sonos is not as fault here. As previously noted, the Arc plays audio when it receives it. Delays introduced by third party kit are not its responsibility.

Workarounds to mitigate those upstream delays have been offered.

Indeed.  I didn’t think I was ‘debating’.  I thought I was explaining and making practical suggestions to at least partially solve the problems the OP was experiencing.