Skip to main content
Question

wifi stabily with Roam vs Roam 2

• 25 June 2024
  • 3 replies

My Roam sometimes loses WiFi connectivity in one but not both speakers. Turning the silent speaker off and then back on fixes problem. Will Roam 2 behave similarly or does it have a different WiFi stability?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Grmendoza 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

That entirely depends on the reason why one of your Roams is disconnecting in the first place - if it is due to interference, for example, then a Roam 2 in the same location would likely behave in the same fashion.

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - they should be able to determine why your Roam is disconnecting and advise from there. They are very busy at present, however, so please feel free to submit a support diagnostic - let me know when you have done so, and I’ll be happy to take a look for you (please don’t share the number given - I’ll find it without). It may take me much longer to look, but at least you won’t have to wait in a phone queue.

I hope this helps.

I have the same situation with roam2.

when I use 2 roam2s as stereo pair, after several minutes one of them stop the sound.

so I turned it off and on, it can work. But after several minutes it happens again.

how can I fix this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Hosohiro 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Please try unpairing the two Roam 2s, then re-pair them together:

Separate a stereo pair

Create a stereo pair

If this does not help, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.