Answered

Using US-purchased ROAM and BEAM in Europe (Italy)

• 30 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Greetings.

I posted a similar question a few months back, regarding only my Sonos ROAM. None of the sensible advice has solved my problem. I sort of abandoned my quest to make the Roam work, but recently I received my Sonos BEAM from the States, and am running into the same issue: neither my Beam nor my Roam can be located by my Sonos app (S2). 

-I tried the factory reset on both

-I tried resetting the app

-both devices are powered on

-my home WiFI is not configured in any particular way (that I know of): no login page, etc…

-according to what I could learn online, I should not need to revert to the S1 app (even though my Beam is Gen 1)

One odd thing I noticed in the app: a few key functions are greyed out. Pic below/attached.

I also recently received an Echo Dot, which I was able to connect to my home WIFI with no problem. 

Any thoughts on this would be most helpful. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 December 2023, 13:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thank you for this. I have not tried the Ethernet cable option yet. Will do so.
As for the factory reset, I get it. Not sure if this means the Beam is now inoperable or not. 

Factory reset will not have affected the Beam it’s just the action of last resort.

Thank you for this. I have not tried the Ethernet cable option yet. Will do so.
As for the factory reset, I get it. Not sure if this means the Beam is now inoperable or not. 

Have you tried wiring your Beam temporarily to your router with an Ethernet cable?

A factory reset is a bad thing, it erases any data that Sonos could have used to help figure out your issue. The only time you should be doing a factory reset is when instructed by Sonos themselves. 

Those ‘greyed out’ options certainly suggest your S2 controller isn’t reaching the Beam, and you need to use the ‘add a device’ function, once you’ve temporarily wired the Beam.