Answered

Sonos roam keeps disconnecting from the app, but not from internet.

• 7 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello,

Since the past few weeks, my Sonos roam would randomly disconnect from the app , running on android tablet and smartphone. Sonos roam is still connected to internet, since music keeps being played, I can still use voice command Google assistant and I can pause or adjust volume from third party app Google home. However I can't control Sonos roam from Sonos app and the app says that Sonos roam isn't connected .

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 April 2024, 06:53

View original

3 replies

That suggests that the controller is having trouble maintaining a connection to your speaker through your router, but the Roam is still connected to the internet. 

Unfortunately, you haven’t mentioned what device your controller is on, so it’s hard to give any useful advice. At the very least, I’d recommend a hard reset, but there really is no guaranty there. 

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

thanks for your reply.

if it helps, the devices where the app was installed were a Fairphone 5 and a Google pixel tablet, both updated to the latest update.

Not offhand, unfortunately, which is why I suggested contacting Sonos support directly.