Answered

Sonos Roam isnt charging- using correct power source

Show first post

34 replies

Have you tried the 25sec + power button long-press Roam reset (when off it’s charger), followed by a 30 minute charge with a PD USB-C charger (power output between 2A/3A x 5V (10W-15W)) …and then repeat the two steps again, to see if that brings the Roam’s battery back to life?

Did all these things. It’s a total brick. Seems like a known problem they don’t want to deal with or recall

I’ve not had an issue with either Sonos Roam I have here .. and same is the case for family/friends, but the answer is to perhaps go back to Sonos Support. Here is their link: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Did it all. It’s a known issue. They said they would give me 30% off a new one since out of warranty. I find this unacceptable. They clearly know this happens about 1.5 yrs. If I was an European Union. Customer instead of US, I would be covered by their 2 yr warranty. They told me someone would get back to me with my case.  No response. I own 7 units! I posted on their FB page and they blocked me 🤣 maybe the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. 

If you're experiencing issues with charging your Sonos Roam despite using the correct power source, there could be a few potential reasons for this problem. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Verify the power source: Ensure that the power source you are using is functioning properly. Try connecting another device to the same power source and see if it charges successfully. Also, make sure you're using the correct charging cable provided by Sonos.

2. Clean charging contacts: Sometimes, dirt, dust, or debris can accumulate on the charging contacts of the Sonos Roam or the charging cable. Gently clean the charging contacts on both the speaker and the cable using a soft, dry cloth. This can help ensure a proper connection.

3. Check cable and port: Inspect the charging cable for any signs of damage, such as frayed wires or bent connectors. If the cable baby shampoo after hair transplant is damaged, try using a different cable to see if that resolves the charging issue. Additionally, inspect the charging port on the Sonos Roam for any debris or obstructions. If necessary, use a can of compressed air to clean the port.

4. Restart the Sonos Roam: Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve charging issues. Turn off the Sonos Roam, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Attempt to charge it again and see if it works.

5. Update firmware: Ensure that your Sonos Roam is running the latest firmware version. You can check for updates through the Sonos app or the Sonos website. Keeping the firmware up to date can address any software-related charging issues.

6. Contact Sonos support: If none of the above steps resolve the charging problem, it's recommended to reach out to Sonos customer support for further assistance. They can provide specific troubleshooting guidance or arrange for a repair or replacement if necessary.

Remember, troubleshooting steps may vary depending on the specific issue, and it's always best to consult the official documentation or seek support from the manufacturer for accurate guidance.

It’s a known issues. Right at 1.5 yrs. They will not take responsibility for it. 

Update. I was very positively surprised as I received a replacement Roam. Very good customer service!

I can’t get them to respond outside of the 30% off coupon 

Same problem here. Roam 1 yr and 9 months. Won’t charge. Using Sonos wireless charger which works. Tried other chargers. Spent an hour doing useless tests with a help rep. that’s was obviously resting from an instruction sheet and doesn’t know the product. Waiting to see if / how Sonos will resolve this issue. At the price of the Sonos, expected better quality. 

Same problem here. Roam 1 yr and 9 months. Won’t charge. Using Sonos wireless charger which works. Tried other chargers. Spent an hour doing useless tests with a help rep. that’s was obviously resting from an instruction sheet and doesn’t know the product. Waiting to see if / how Sonos will resolve this issue. At the price of the Sonos, expected better quality. 

Have you tried the 25sec + power button long-press Roam reset (when off it’s charger), followed by a 30 minute charge with a PD USB-C charger (power output between 2A/3A x 5V (10W-15W)) …and then repeat the two steps again, to see if that brings the Roam’s battery back to life?

Any dead roams for sale?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Did all these things. It’s a total brick. Seems like a known problem they don’t want to deal with or recall

I’ve not had an issue with either Sonos Roam I have here .. and same is the case for family/friends, but the answer is to perhaps go back to Sonos Support. Here is their link: https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

If you bothered to read this thread everyone has contacted support and many have described in detail what happened.

This issue just happened to me too. I have 3 Roams and the newest one just stopped responding to cable charging, but it works with the wireless charging. It’s almost exactly 14 months old. 

What did Sonos Support say when you called them?