Answered

Sonos Roam, a very unreliable product

• 12 December 2022
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi again comunity, I hope you can help me out 

I made a previous post about the behavior of my Sonos Roam and things where improved, but unfortunately, My Sonos Roam now became so unreliable and so unstable again, since I installed the 14.19 update. The music keeps cutting out using Bluetooth and Airplay, and now after reinstalling 14.19 update  the Bluetooth control is not working properly: When my Roam is in Bluetooth mode, I can’t disconnect it using the back button, it gets stuck in the solid Blue light and keeps paired with my iPhone, so, I have to go to my phone and disconnect it manually. 

Factory reset didn’t work, and here in Mexico Tech support is so unhelpful, it’s a hustle to get an efective solution because 1. They keep telling me that I’m not pressing correctly the button and it’s Wireless interference, Really? First of all, I perfectly know how to pair it and disconnect it from Bluetooth, Well,  I made a Speed test and the page tells me that I have 220.37 Mbps, it sounds really Good, all other devices don’t have any type of Wifi issue, neither my iPhone 11, neither my iPad Pro, Neither my brother’s xBox Series X and neither an Alexa 4th gen that I have in my secundary dining room, and about the Bluetooth, I don’t have any issues with other speakers using the same phone, so it’s not my Internet, it’s not my iPhone,  it’s not Wireless interference, and it shouldn’t be that unstable.

2. I sent a video to the tech support about the Bluetooth control issue and they want to replace the unit, that’s fine, but the problem is that here in Mexico there is a Sonos provider called Biastara, but they don’t answer the Emails, Sonos tech support keeps insisting me to get in touch with them to get this sorted out, but they don’t answer any Email and I can’t wait more time with a broken Sonos Roam just because a Firmware update ruined again the device, resulting in an unreliable product, at least for me.

Is someone else facing the same issue with your Roams? I don’t want to return it because I love the sound, but it’s unreliability and unstability is dissapointing me so much.   Any help is appreciated.

Thank you and kind regards.

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 22 December 2022, 11:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

I'm going to kick myself for asking this but here I go . . . Why does losing the charger mean you can't sell the Roam?  Certainly you could buy a new charger, or sell it sans charger, letting the buyer know it is missing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m desperate, the Tech support is a nightmare, the chats take too long to start and the wait time is ridiculously long, they’re asking me the models of my router, and I don’t know where is the printed code to enter the settings. 
Now, I lost the charger, and I think it’s out of warranty, so I can’t return it nor sale it        

Then you’re not going to get it resolved, are you? Throw it away and move on to a different product, like you promised. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m desperate, the Tech support is a nightmare, the chats take too long to start and the wait time is ridiculously long, they’re asking me the models of my router, and I don’t know where is the printed code to enter the settings. 
Now, I lost the charger, and I think it’s out of warranty, so I can’t return it nor sale it        

Then you’re not going to get it resolved, are you? Throw it away and move on to a different product, like you promised.
Well, what will happen is that tomorrow I’ll be traveling to Spain for 1 month to visit my family and for vacations.
I’m going a leave the Roam at home  in Mexico and it’s going a stay there packed in its box. I’m not taking unrreliable and dysfunctional  products with me so bye bye Sonos Roam for now       

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Everyone is telling me that I’m a troll and I’m getting really upset. If you continue being so rude I’ll no longer be participating in these forums. Seriously, That’s enough  

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

nik9669a 

wrote

:

Are you really surprised there are so many people calling you a troll, or fed up with you complaining but never following the advice offered, to try to identify and fix your issues?
Indeed  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Manu84 - you’re back again! I thought you said you were off for a holiday and wouldn’t be posting for 4 weeks. 

Are you ready to try changing your network setup yet?

Or are you just going to copy/paste/reformat older posts to pretend you’re being victimised? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Manu84 - you’re back again!

Don't feed the troll. Ignore him.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Manu84 - you’re back again! I thought you said you were off for a holiday and wouldn’t be posting for 4 weeks. 

Are you ready to try changing your network setup yet?

Or are you just going to copy/paste/reformat older posts to pretend you’re being victimised?  
I have internet there so I can post whatever I want. What’s the problem?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi @Manu84 - you’re back again!

Don't feed the troll. Ignore him.

What’s the problem? Stop * calling me a troll and go away 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Dear Moderators

Please will you close this thread? It doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Dear Moderators

Please will you close this thread? It doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. 

Agreed. Closing thread due to growing lack of relevancy.