Skip to main content
Answered

Roam shows bluetooth connection, but get no sound from the speaker

• 28 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Playing music on my Roam is a very frustrating hit and miss thing. Sometimes it works, but more often it doesn’t. Never had this problem with JBL bluetooth speakers. It works great on wi-fi, but not when travelling. It shows the connection on my phone and music is playing, but no sound comes out of speaker. I have turned off speaker and un paired and re paired in many different instances and still no go. I can’t figure out what I do differently when the music actually plays. I am using this only when not in my home with the wi fi connection. Anyone have similar issues? Have any fixes?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When this happens to me, I turn off the Bluetooth on my iPhone for a minute, turn it back on, and then reselect the Sonos speaker, and it reconnects.

Thanks for the feedback, but I’ve also tried that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Mcq65 

Thanks for your post!

Have you tried rebooting your phone and Roam? To fully reboot Roam, hold the power button for approximately 12-13 seconds until you hear an additional chime.

I hope this helps.