Answered

Roam not turning on

I have had the Roam since release date, I’ve been using is about every other day for work. But as of this morning, it’s not turning on. Power button isn’t powering on the speaker. Plugging in to power is also not working. Yesterday I turned it completely off with about 70% battery life. Have had a few issues with connections and audio breaking out as well. Not too thrilled with the speaker right now.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 3 May 2021, 10:49

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

That’s surprising. As an update. Called Sonos tech support. They had me try a couple of things including charging with the supplied cord and Sonos box from the Qi charger. Didn’t work. Called back the next morning had to send a picture and boom, new one sent and old one returned. Less than a week. Couldn’t have been happier with the service. Maybe call them and they will do the same.

I’ve called, e mailed and done the whole chat thing. I have a roam that doesn’t work and Sonos are a company who frankly don’t care once they have your cash. Useless product and the worst customer service I have ever experienced. 

Hi @High-Fi J 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Not to worry - it sounds like we just need to give the Roam a reboot.

Please remove the Roam from any charger connection and hold the Power button for 12 seconds. Thanks.

I would worry. I have the same problem on two roams. They haven’t worked for four weeks now and Sonos support don’t give a damn. They have said they will not refund me despite the overwhelming evidence that this product is incredibly poor quality and not fit for purpose. This is a company with no moral compass at all.