Move constantly goes offline

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

55 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @mrmikedcook,

Thank you for submitting your diagnostic report to us. 

Have you observed any change in behavior since submitting this data? Can you confirm that the player is fully charged and that the charging ring itself is plugged in completely when your Move drops out? 

Userlevel 1

No repeaters per se, using Google WiFi mesh.  Tried with older Asus N router.  Diagnostic submitted conf number 1378467576 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Sounds like a some wifi interference… you aren’t running repeaters or anything are you?

You may want to run a diagnostic under settings...help

Submit the number here for a Sonos rep to look at system.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Chris unfortunately mine continues to go offline while on the charging base and while playing music.  Only way to get it to go online again is to reset it and rejoin.  Powering on and off doesn't make a difference either.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Move goes into a power saving standby after 30 minutes when on battery.

I have no issue with Move dropping off when plugged in.

• The 'Move' can be put into standby/sleep mode, by a single quick press on the top rear power button.
  • The 'Move' can be powered off by a long (5+ second) press on the same power button.
  • The 'Move' running on battery seems to fall into 'standby/sleep mode' after approx. 30 minutes of inactivity. I don’t know if it then powers off completely, but suspect it would, particularly if the battery reaches a low point where it needs to be re-charged.