Skip to main content
Question

Move 2 won't power on

• 2 July 2024
  • 5 replies

My two-month-old Move 2 has been on the charging base since I last used it yesterday but now, the app doesn’t detect it, the power button does nothing, and when I lift it out of the base and put it back, a solid orange light comes on briefly at the bottom and then vanishes. Any ideas on what’s gone wrong with it, and how to fix it? Thanks.

UPDATE: After many attempts at hard resetting, the Move 2 suddenly came back to life and wasn’t even reset, so all my config and services were intact. Very strange, and I hope it doesn’t signal more problems ahead, but I’m happy for now.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Antonio_2

I’m glad to hear your Move 2 is back up and running, as well that you haven’t lost any system settings; I could only guess that the Factory Reset wasn’t finalized in some way which prevented that, if you don’t have any other Sonos products that is.

My only suggestion would be that the next time this occurs, you reach out to our support team to troubleshoot with them, as they have the necessary tools available to look into your system and see what is happening with the Move 2.

Currently having the exact same issue. Move 2 won’t power on, button is useless. I put it on the charger and the orange light flashes for a moment then all is lost. Also only two months old. I paid wayyy too much money for this speaker for it not to function properly after two months. Also you can’t even use the app if you are using the Bluetooth function of the speaker. I loved sonos and that’s why I was willing to pay what I believe is way too much for a portable speaker, but after this my support for their products is waning.

I second both issues, investment and now similar Move 2 power issue. Extremely satisfied with my other Sonos products. Excepting my Move 2, in this instance the hard reset is not working and the base station is flashing a red light indicating a fault condition and that i should contact support. I’ve let a message in phone support call back queue, plus also see this message.

Support never called back. On support line again with now a 75min wait time… very frustrating.

Hey I reset my sonos move2 and bow it won't turn back on how doni get it back working again????