Move 2 indicator lights on the front poor intensity

• 24 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I can’t see the blue or white indicator light during the day either outside or inside. The Move 1 was excellent in this regard. In the dark they are quite visible.

Does anyone else have the same issue? I ask in case my indicator lights are faulty.

Dave

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Davlee,

I’d assume that in direct light or sunlight the speaker LEDs may be harder to see, but they should still be visible during the day.

I've checked with a colleague who has a Move 2 and they are able to see the status LED during the day. From comparing the two, the Move’s status LED is on top of the speaker, while the Move 2’s status LED is on the front behind the grill while also being smaller. With the way the Move 2 is designed, the difference is likely that the status light is harder notice rather than being faulty.

My colleague was able to provide a comparison picture which I’ve added below to demonstrate the difference between the two. If you can’t see the LED on the Move 2 at all in similar lighting, then I would recommend reaching out to support for further assistance.

I hope this information helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks Jamie,

I have the white Move 2. Maybe this makes a difference. During the day either inside the house or outside, the status Led is impossible to see unless taken into a dark area.

Luckily the orange charging Led is always visible.

Prior to this I had a Move 1 and it was always easy to see. When I turn the Move 2 on during the day I am never sure it is on until I check the connection with my Fiio music player.

I hope Sonos can do something about this. I think the white diminishes the effectiveness of the Leds and wish I had purchased the black one.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers, Dave

Userlevel 2
Badge

Just a thought - If you look at the pics you kindly provided, you will notice the fast forward etc on the lighter coloured Move is way less obvious than the black one. The difference is huge.

This makes me think even more that the white Move is the reason the Leds aren’t at all visible during the day. Hopefully a firmware upgrade can help.

Dave

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Davlee,

You’re right with the contrast of the black making the white LED stand out more, but a firmware update wont be able to make the LED brighter or more visible on the white Move 2. Looking at both pictures, the LEDs are the same strength, but due to what I listed in my previous post, it does make the LED on the white Move 2 appear not as strong.

As it’s nothing an update can change, I’ll mark this thread as feedback to be forwarded to the relevant teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

When using them outdoors I find the Microphone lights too small/dim, important for Auto Trueplay.

Not a big issue mind.