Is My Roam Dead? Won't power on.

• 24 April 2021
  • 76 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4
  • Prominent Collaborator I
  • 66 replies

After struggling to get my Roam pairing with Bluetooth devices and finally succeeding, I managed to get my Roam working both via the S2 app and via Bluetooth. For a day. It charged to 100% and was working plugged-in and on battery. I turned it off last night and woke up this morning and nothing I do will turn it on or wake it up (if it were sleeping. I've tried multiple chargers and cables (in case the battery somehow went dead. No joy, no lights, no sound, nothing. I could occasionally see a faint orange LED near the center below the SONOS logo underneath the mesh, but it goes away eventually. Anyone else have the same problem or suggestions? I've tried to factory reset and that isn't working. Held he power for over 20 seconds with and without the play pause button held simultaneously. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Xander P 2 years ago

Hi @smarner, welcome to the Sonos Community!

If none of the steps above have worked, including the hard reset (13~ seconds holding down the power button), and you’ve confirmed that the charger in use meets the recommended requirements (5V/2A), then I’d recommend reaching out to the Support Team via live chat or phone call so they can take a closer look :)

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

76 replies

I have 2 Roams (paired), both are now dead.  All current on S2 etc..  Cant’ reset them using the hard reset process.  No go.  Very disappointed.  Calling support tomorrow to see what they say.  Both worked fine until pulled off of the recharge platforms and used remotely until they ran out of juice … once the battery expired… they crapped out and never came back.   I’m a big Sonos customer (and fan) and I must say this product is a big negative customer experience and needs a major look at or upgrade/exchange.

My Roams can both be off their charger for literally several weeks and they still work okay. Each one powers on immediately when returned to its charger - I keep the battery and WiFi power-saver features enabled at all times, so if I forget to power them off, or put them into standby, they switch off by themselves.

I have had them since the Roam first came out. I would have thought if there is a light showing, then the battery is able to be recharged, but maybe needs a 5v/3A (15w) USB-C charger to help kick it back into life.