The fading promise of Google integrations, considering dumping the Sonos Ones and going back to Play 1's

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Not to knock Sonos sales staff, but for sales folks in general, their job is to encourage sales. IMO, they are not the best source of 100% accurate information. Your experience seems to fit that generalization. Therefore, in this age where customers can easily find official statements from company websites and other communication sources, I wouldn't rely on something a sales person tells me.

I personally also wouldn't be looking to buy a Sonos One or Beam based on future features anyway. Too much can happen between now and then, for any product.

Yeah, I though sonos was different. Was always satisfied with their music support. But they did not deliver as I had hoped with their assistant support. Just want a google skill and I will be happy. Don't need the sonos one or bean to act as the assistant, the native google product does a very find job.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Siri is not airplay 2. That is the point. Their sale support will still tell you siri support. I can even tell you the screen name of the sonos sales rep.
Would you mind private messaging me any details around that conversation? I hate to say it, but they told you the wrong thing and I'd like to get that in the right hands. We're working with Apple to bring AirPlay 2 to Sonos. With AirPlay 2, you'll be able to use Siri on iOS devices, to play to AirPlay 2 compatible Sonos players. Adding Siri support to Sonos One or Beam hasn't been announced as something we're working on.

We're hard at work with the Google Assistant team and are still pushing to get it done this year. I don't have a solid timeline I can share as there are always lots of moving parts with a partnership like this. We'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we can.