Ditching Sonos if voice control takes much longer

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3
I'd imagine that Sonos are as keen to release an update that enables Alexa integration as we all are.
I'd also think that they would like to get it released before the Apple Homepod is released, which from what I've read is December.
If they don't they will lose potential customers to Apple and other manufacturers.
I know what keeps me with Sonos is the fantastic sound quality of their speakers, I'd be surprised if the Homepod sounds as good.

Apple Music could be an issue though, as it's currently not available with on the Amazon Echo, although maybe that won't be an issue depending on how the integration will work?
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Tired of waiting for Sonos to incorporate Echo voice control Was promised as early2017 and then postponed to "later this year." I am ready to dump if this company doesn't provide an accurate and reasonable solution in the near term.
If you are ready to walk the walk, let me know what kind of equipment you'll be selling. I like a good deal.
I hate these threads. The bunny never, ever gets it.
So say Sonos is the first to come out with an Alexa integration, which seems likely. Are you going to avoid Sonos and wait for the Bose or someone else to come out? I get the impatience, I really wish it was here now as well. And I get the desire to 'play your cards', but the fact is, we really don't have very good cards to play in this scenario.
A factually incorrect original post and a pointless, empty threat. (Might as well tell it like it is.)
Tired of waiting for Sonos to incorporate Echo voice control Was promised as early2017 and then postponed to "later this year." I am ready to dump if this company doesn't provide an accurate and reasonable solution in the near term.

No it was not promised "early 2017 and then postponed". The official press release stated the following:

The companies will begin rolling out the experience through an invite-only beta test later this year, with general availability in 2017.

http://press-us.sonos.com/134980-sonos-with-partners-and-industry-leaders-ushers-in-new-era-of-connected-home-listening

The fact some assumed this meant early 2017 is not Sonos' fault. And if you dump them, who are you dumping them for?