Skip to main content

Decline of the Sonos Civilization

• 14 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Man! I used to absolutely love my Sonos system. I have multiple devices era 300, two arc’s, an amp, bunch of gen 2 play 5s. I loved being able to wake up in the morning to a playlist, a great way to start my day. I didn’t even need to look at the clock, I knew what time it was by the song. I could save and edit my playlists. It was a fracking digital jukebox, what I dreamed of as a kid. 

NOW? I have phantom alarms. My playlist alarm starts at regular time, then four minutes later another alarm a Sonos chime goes off. Then on the weekends two alarms go off one at 07:20 and one at 08:20. I can’t control these alarms. It is ridiculous. I am glad that Sonos has added back being able to add to queue and end of queue but the alarm is a fracking nightmare. Can’t believe this was not a top priority. 

I used to love my Sonos system, I recommended Sonos to any music lover I met. Heck! I even bought three speakers for my ninety yo mother! NOW? I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. 

Does anyone else feel this way? I needed to rage post, I kept it simple. 

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The new app is still bug ridden but the old one wasn’t brilliant either! Frustrating in that it works fairly well for 80% of the time then appears to go ape-*, dropping speakers or stereo pairings etc. and still really flakey trying to connect with Apple Music. Don’t use alarms but if it’s that bad for you I would invest in a cheap alarm clock as a temporary back up
First world problems eh? 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Please please let us go back to the previous version as the new app doesn't work.

I can't listen to my music.. Quite simple. I think I will punch the wall instead.