Amazon Echo

• 19 January 2017
  • 31 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

31 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Hmmm, he is saying that SONOS is slow in getting Alexa integration out to the public. He is speculating that perhaps they are slow to act because they believe that the SONOS brand/product can exist independent of moves made by giant companies like Amazon and Google. He is also implying that he has a back door to his home.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'm not even that sure what Memphis bill is saying.
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
That is really funny sarcasm, it really is. But, MemphisBill has a great point. SONOS has to pick it up to play at the next level. I doubt MacFarlane stepped down to play more golf. Changing CEOs is a sign to everyone in the company to pick it up. If the top guy can be replaced, so can you.
Gee, if Sonos had known that you personally had an Echo for a year, I'm sure that would have lit a fire under them. Nothing drives software development like an unknown, anecdotal purchase from an anonymous user. Good thing you didn't just buy it last month; the voice control project would be behind the 8-Ball right now! :8
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Even a relatively cursory glance through the forum, Sonos blogs and relevant technical press from the last 8 months would inform you of 1) Sonos' current development focus and 2) The current status of Alexa voice control

But in the meantime do be assured that your Sonos system still plays all your music brilliantly and this is not going to change with voice control.
It has been over a year that I have had a Amazon Echo and was inquiring about Sonos joining in with voice automation with the echo. Nothing a year later!!!!! If Sonos is pushing back from the unified effort that all other devices have yielded to just to establish a feature to sell I will throw all Sonos products out the back door. I'm sure this will get deleted from the feed. Sonos has had plenty of time to deliver this feature to the already loyal customers.