Question

So the Arc can now do LPCM - when will the Amp and beam get lossless updates?

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

As the title suggests - I appreciate the playbar/base can’t ever be lossless with the toslink connector but when are we going to be able to feed lossless sound to our amplifiers and beams?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @pyro225.

Welcome to the Sonso Community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. I understand that you wanted the support you’re getting with the Arc to also apply with the Sonos Amp. Let me help you with that.

Currently, there are no updates yet on when will the LPCM be implemented with the Sonos Amp since LPCM is currently only supported via eARC and not ARC. What I can do is send this to our engineering team to take a look iinto. I would suggest subscribing to this thread and to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes.

Please let us know if you still have any further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,