Answered

BBC Sounds and Sonos app.

• 9 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Can anyone assist in adding the BBC Sounds to Sonos services. I've followed the usual process for adding the service but as soon as I return to Sonos app I get a message stating unable to add account? Any ideas out there?

icon

Best answer by John B 14 September 2022, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Do you have your location properly set in your Sonos account at www.Sonos.com, and is that location in the UK?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Are you on S1? I cannot get my S1 systems to add BBC Sounds, only my S2 systems. BBC Sounds uses features of SMAPI that are S2-only.

On the plus side, I have not seen any geo-restrictions in place (I live in the USA).

Do you have your location properly set in your Sonos account at www.Sonos.com, and is that location in the UK?

Yes set to UK

Are you on S1? I cannot get my S1 systems to add BBC Sounds, only my S2 systems. BBC Sounds uses features of SMAPI that are S2-only.

On the plus side, I have not seen any geo-restrictions in place (I live in the USA).

The speaker is old so assume S1, this is probably the issue, time for an upgrade I think. 

The speaker is old so assume S1, this is probably the issue, time for an upgrade I think. 

Which product is it?  Only the Sonos One is mentioned on your profile.  You should not be on S1 if that is your only device.

Yes it's a Sonos One, albeit an old one. 

The only products that need to be on S1 are WAY older than that.  You need to upgrade to S2.

You are definitely on S1?

https://support.sonos.com/s/sonos-s2-overview?language=en_US

Even the older Sonos PLAY:1 works on S2, the Sonos One is much newer, and ships with S2 installed. 

Even the older Sonos PLAY:1 works on S2, the Sonos One is much newer, and ships with S2 installed. 

Although it is possible the OP’s One shipped before the S1/S2 split.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

BBC Sounds should work ok with S1 speakers… we tested this before releasing Sounds on Sonos