Answered

BBC Sounds and Sonos app.

• 9 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Can anyone assist in adding the BBC Sounds to Sonos services. I've followed the usual process for adding the service but as soon as I return to Sonos app I get a message stating unable to add account? Any ideas out there?

icon

Best answer by John B 14 September 2022, 16:24

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

BBC Sounds should work ok with S1 speakers… we tested this before releasing Sounds on Sonos

Even the older Sonos PLAY:1 works on S2, the Sonos One is much newer, and ships with S2 installed. 

Although it is possible the OP’s One shipped before the S1/S2 split.

Even the older Sonos PLAY:1 works on S2, the Sonos One is much newer, and ships with S2 installed. 

https://support.sonos.com/s/sonos-s2-overview?language=en_US

The only products that need to be on S1 are WAY older than that.  You need to upgrade to S2.

You are definitely on S1?

Yes it's a Sonos One, albeit an old one. 

Are you on S1? I cannot get my S1 systems to add BBC Sounds, only my S2 systems. BBC Sounds uses features of SMAPI that are S2-only.

On the plus side, I have not seen any geo-restrictions in place (I live in the USA).

The speaker is old so assume S1, this is probably the issue, time for an upgrade I think. 

Which product is it?  Only the Sonos One is mentioned on your profile.  You should not be on S1 if that is your only device.

Are you on S1? I cannot get my S1 systems to add BBC Sounds, only my S2 systems. BBC Sounds uses features of SMAPI that are S2-only.

On the plus side, I have not seen any geo-restrictions in place (I live in the USA).

The speaker is old so assume S1, this is probably the issue, time for an upgrade I think. 

Do you have your location properly set in your Sonos account at www.Sonos.com, and is that location in the UK?

Yes set to UK

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Do you have your location properly set in your Sonos account at www.Sonos.com, and is that location in the UK?