Why do I feel I have just wasted £1500

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Badge

There are no other audio settings on the Sky Box, it does have it’s own Lipsync settings and I have already tried those.

Lipsync would be unlikely to be a Sonos issue. It’s much more likely that there’s an issue in the TV passing the 5.1 sound signal out via ARC. Or, since you used the magic words ‘Sky box’, it’s also possible that there’s an issue there. Make sure you double check that the Sky Box’s settings are correct.

Stereo PCM is a different signal from the others, such as Dolby Digital, so that would likely be why your previous device was working properly. 

Badge

Yes I have tried it with Multichannel (bypass) and without.

I have just discovered that it was the Trueplay tuning that has given the poor quality because it reset everything to defaults. I have now made the changes and it sounds significantly better.

So I have just have the lipsync issue to solve.

Userlevel 7

Do you have the Digital Out Format set to Multichannel (bypass) on your TV? Have you performed Trueplay tuning yet?