Skip to main content
Question

Using Era 100 as surround for Arc

• 5 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I purchased an Arc, Sub, and two Era 100s on June 1, 2024.  I was able to get the Arc and Eras added to my home.  I can play music through the speakers and Arc, and I can get my TV audio coming through the Arc.  When I go to set up the Eras as surround speakers, the app says that the system needs to be restarted.  When I click the restart button, it says to close the app and come back in a few minutes.  I do that, and nothing happens.  When I reopen the app many minutes later, hours later, days later, it doesn’t matter.  It keeps telling me the system needs to be restarted.  It’s the same deal when I try to make the Eras a stereo pair.  I’m stuck in a perpetual loop and am unable to use my system the way it’s intended to be used.

I also set up my sub and it says that it needs to be assigned to a room, but when I go to do that, it gets into the same restart loop, so I can’t connect my sub to my system.

Please help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

When Sonos says to “restart”, it usually means to reboot your speakers which means unplugging them from power for about a minute.