Update 14.12 has ruined my sub bass and overall sound

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

28 replies

@Ian Sives,
Before switching to Sony HT-A9, I would perhaps do a search on ‘audio dropouts’ on that product via Google or similar search engine, as you may just want to look a little deeper into that topic before you make your decision to switch. HTH 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Ken, I’ve contacted the staff through chat, sent a diagnostic report and sent an email.

Im now regretting switching my beam for an arc. From what i understand, sonos are trying to compensate for the lack of voice clarity by dropping the sound on the non central speakers. What they fail to realise is that many users (such as myself) use sonos mainly for music. This new sound signature has removed the dynamic full sound i loved. I also like to have the music loud, thats been hampered too. They need to give the user the opportunity to change the eq for all ranges of sound. Sony and other leading companies have the option on all top end systems, even headphones. What do sonos not give us this option? Are they trying to protect the speakers? Not enough power in the arc? I would also like to know why they have changed the output of the sub. They oblige us to link it to the ark and thus the arc dulls out the sound it used to produce. I would rather it had its old sound signature back and was independent from the arc.

Spending thousands on a sound system for Sonos to give us no choice but to impose sound signatures we don’t want is really bad business. They could even create a menu with different sound signatures to allow us to choose. Just like Devialet, Sony etc, That way satisfy music and movie lovers.

Anyway, thanks for your help. Im looking into the Sony HT-A9. That way i will have full control of the settings and not have to worry about what the next update will do. I’ll give sonos a few weeks to get the sound back to where it was before moving on.

cheers, Ian

This online review of the 14.12 software update and it’s affect on the Sonos Arc is maybe worth a look-see. It makes some suggestions for you to perhaps consider…

https://youtu.be/C7sLAhDXH7A

If the Bass has disappeared from your setup after adjusting the room volume level, then it might be something else🤔? You could perhaps consider submitting a Sonos diagnostic report and contacting the Staff direct via this LINK, if you think that is the case.