Skip to main content

I just bought a set of Era 300s and wall mounts as surrounds and need to turn the speakers because I need to install them near the ceiling.

But how on Earth am I supposed to open that screw to turn the mount? I already nearly stripped the head of the screw (it is slightly stripped) and I definitely had the right screw head. If I had used a power tool it’d literally be screwed by now. I even tried to turn it clockwise for the other mount in case it’s a wrong-handed screw, but nope.

At this rate I need to drill an screw remover into that screw and get a new from somewhere. Have you guys actually done this?

Yeah. I will take these pieces of * back to shop tomorrow. There is no * way those screws are coming off.

Pisses me off I wasted time on this.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Took them to the shop, they have a repair section there. Asked the guys there to unscrew the screw. Five minutes in the backroom and guy comes back and says he can’t. So I returned the whole lot.

So I don’t know what BS this is but those stands are NOT invertible.

Could well be the last time I buy anything from Sonos ever.

I didn’t have a problem removing the screws, but definitely had a problem getting the collar to loosen to be able to adjust the tilt of the mount.  I don’t know what they are using to put these things together, but they are tightened like crazy.

My main gripe however is that who uses Phillips heads anymore? Like, have these people ever heard of torx? Or many other heads that actually don’t strip when you apply force? You don’t want to use a power tool with a Phillips head because you could strip it in an instant.