Answered

Trueplay on iPhone 12 Pro

• 24 October 2020
  • 38 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Thanks Bumper for your info 

It’s actually ridiculous that a tech company like Sonos can’t support these devices surly this can’t be good for Sonos 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

I also have had a frustrating time as I am now using an iPhone 12 - this device is not supported yet is the message for true sound 

I am so disappointed in Sonos due to the fact I have spent a small fortune on a quality product which is running  behind with software updates to devices 

Look at the list of unsupported and add all the new iphone 12. Ipad pros from last March, ipod from may 2019 still not supported. Don't plan on it anytime soon! 

I also have had a frustrating time as I am now using an iPhone 12 - this device is not supported yet is the message for true sound 

I am so disappointed in Sonos due to the fact I have spent a small fortune on a quality product which is running  behind with software updates to devices 

Userlevel 1

Why didnt sonos write iphone 12 and 12pro to ”soon supported devices”? Same issue here cannot run trueplay with my iphone 12 pro.

Hi @h3m.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Hmmm.. since iPhone 12 has been released recently not 100% sure if the true play is not yet available on this phone.

So far some product of iPhones are still not available with true play like:

• iPod touch (7th generation)
  • iPad Pro 12.9" (4th generation)
  • iPad Pro 11" (2nd generation)
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Some iPhone 12 users in the community might provide their own opinion about this.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

What about iPad 12.9 pro? Since the last update it messed up my system 

No it didn't.  The app is just a controller and cannot mess up your system. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @h3m.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, I totally understand where you're coming from and I’m here to help.

Hmmm.. since iPhone 12 has been released recently not 100% sure if the true play is not yet available on this phone.

Some iPhone 12 users in the community might provide their own opinion about this.

What about iPad 12.9 pro? Since the last update it messed up my system 

Both controlav and Mark P have already answered your concern above.

I just got my iPhone 12 pro and it doesn’t recognize trueplay. When I turned on my TV with the playbar the voice was garbled. Could not resolve issue. Disconnected the playbar. Very frustrated.

Ok first of all the reason we are reporting this is so Sonos knows about the issue. We aren't expecting trueplay to work on day one smh. Just helping out and letting people know. I can definitely wait for trueplay.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

The iPhone 12 is brand-new. It takes a while for Sonos to gather the necessary calibration data from a sample range of devices (cf. the SE 2nd gen in that list).

Jeez people, if Trueplay was so important, why didn’t you do it last week with your old phone?

Yes, me too. iPhone 12 here and no trueplay but the app does say trueplay tuning coming soon

I have iPhone 12 & confirm truplay doesn’t work. Worked fine on my iPhone 11. Interested to know why

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @h3m.