Skip to main content
Question

trueplay and loudness automatically turn off

• 13 July 2024
  • 9 replies

True play and loudness are automatically turning off without me doing anything. I’m always having to turn it back on in the Sonos app. Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue! Sonos pls fix your app I beg you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @spoutykk79 

Welcome back to the Sonos Community!

I’ve not heard of this behaviour before, so I’d like to look into this for you - the next time you see a setting disabled when it shouldn’t be, please submit a support diagnostic before fixing it, and let me know here that you have done so (please don’t share the given number).

Please also let me know which room and setting to look for.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Hi @spoutykk79 

Welcome back to the Sonos Community!

I’ve not heard of this behaviour before, so I’d like to look into this for you - the next time you see a setting disabled when it shouldn’t be, please submit a support diagnostic before fixing it, and let me know here that you have done so (please don’t share the given number).

Please also let me know which room and setting to look for.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Happened again. Diagnostic submitted. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @spoutykk79 

Thanks! I had a look, and there are some concerns. 

First, the Loudness setting - as far as the speakers are concerned, Loudness is on - does it sound like it’s off, or is it just that the app says it is off? I would be inclined to trust your ears at this point - there have been some reported issues of the app not displaying the correct settings, and it sound like this might be an example.

More concerning than Loudness is the TruePlay setting - we can see that TruePlay is active, but we cannot see any stored configurations for it. Why this might be, I don’t know, but we can try some things to resolve it.

Please unplug your Arc from power for a few seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for the white light to stop flashing, then please open the Sonos app and go to User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. Reopen the app afterwards and opt to connect to an existing system after skipping past the introduction.

Once signed into the app, please verify your Loudness setting and attempt TruePlay Tuning once more.

Please let me know how you get on.

I hope this helps.

Note: I accidentally posted this reply half way through typing it - apologies if you caught it half-way through.

Hi @spoutykk79 

Thanks! I had a look, and there are some concerns. 

First, the Loudness setting - as far as the speakers are concerned, Loudness is on - does it sound like it’s off, or is it just that the app says it is off? I would be inclined to trust your ears at this point - there have been some reported issues of the app not displaying the correct settings, and it sound like this might be an example.

More concerning than Loudness is the TruePlay setting - we can see that TruePlay is active, but we cannot see any stored configurations for it. Why this might be, I don’t know, but we can try some things to resolve it.

Please unplug your Arc from power for a few seconds, then plug it back in. Wait for the white light to stop flashing, then please open the Sonos app and go to User icon » App Preferences » Reset App » Reset. Reopen the app afterwards and opt to connect to an existing system after skipping past the introduction.

Once signed into the app, please verify your Loudness setting and attempt TruePlay Tuning once more.

Please let me know how you get on.

I hope this helps.

Note: I accidentally posted this reply half way through typing it - apologies if you caught it half-way through.

Hello! thanks for the detailed note back. I’ve submitted another diagnostic. Please let me know if configuration was stored; i ran another trueplay as instructed. Thanks again! 

• Hi @Corry P , the issue happened again: all settings at zero again. all settings wiped. Not sure what to do from here. this is happening every other day. 
Userlevel 5
Badge +8

All speakers on latest firmware 16.3.1?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hey @spoutykk79,

Sorry to see this happened again. There has been a software release on August 6th 2024. So it’s a valid question from @GC3 - did you update the Sonos app?

Retrospectively, I have to admit that I was experiencing the same, but with the kids out at grandparents I was not bothered to change the loudness every time. Since the last release and consciously looking though, I could not reproduce the settings changing by themselves.

Should you still experience the issue, please submit another diagnostic.

I’m experiencing the same issue, including with the latest S2 app release on iOS. The Arc settings in app show default tuneplay and EQ settings, but checking third party apps which report back the settings of each group, they appear exactly how I expected them - my customised values.

It seems the Sonos app just isn’t showing the current values of each setting (from time to time), or allowing me to change them (they don’t take effect). Third party apps let me change the EQ settings, although the ones I’m using can’t adjust Trueplay. The app is clearly at fault. For weeks I’ve had random speakers appear with the “Set up Tuneplay” notification, despite already having done it. I’m having to pay third party developers for their alternatives while I wait for the Sonos app to become stable.