Answered

Sound keeps cutting out from One SL's connected to Beam v1

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Beam v1 and two One SL’s in surround set up. Recently, the sound has been regularly cutting out on the One SL’s but still plays on the Beam. I’ll try to describe what happens.

The sound cuts out from the One SL’s, and there’s a split-second loss of sound from the Beam. After a few seconds there’s another split-second loss of sound from the Beam, and then the One SL sound returns about one second later. This can happen a couple of times per minute, or not happen for several minutes. I’ve tried unplugging them all and also the wi-fi router but haven’t noticed any difference. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by FatOldSun 17 January 2023, 21:27

View original

10 replies

What TV is it? What else is attached to the other TV HDMI ports (if anything)? Are any of the speakers wired, or all wireless?

edit: Also is the TV connected to the TV’s HDMI-ARC port, or the Optical port (using the Sonos adapter)?

Userlevel 1
Badge

The TV is an LG C2, but the same happened with our old Panasonic TV and also when listening to Amazon Music which doesn't involve the TV. The Beam is wired, the Ones are wireless.

Have you ever tried the HT setup with the Beam uncabled and connected to your routers WiFi, just to see if that makes any difference? Also what else is connected to the TV HDMI ports?

What channel is in use by your routers 2.4Ghz band and what is it’s channel-width?

In the LG TV settings (WebOS) sound-out what is the Digital Sound Out set to on the port (that’s Assuming you’re using an ARC connection)? Is it set to Auto, or Pass-through etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d wait for the issue then send in a diagnostic, noting the number. Then either post it here or better call Sonos so they can look at your internal log data.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for the questions Ken. Both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands were on 20/40 channel width. I changed the 2.4 GHz to 20 MHz and the 5 GHz to 20/40/80 MHz. I also enabled multicast translation but I doubt that would affect it.

I just watched a 2 hour film and the sound didn’t cut out once.

It could be due to the changes I made, or it could be that the wi-fi reset. I’ll see what happens over the coming days and report back.

Userlevel 1
Badge

A week has gone by and the sound hasn’t cut out once, so changing those couple of wireless settings was the fix. Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unfortunately the problem has returned. I’ve not changed anything else on my router. I tried rebooting the router and the Beam but the problem occurred again almost immediately. Should I also reboot the two One SL’s? I’m not entirely sure how they all communicate.

Unfortunately the problem has returned. I’ve not changed anything else on my router. I tried rebooting the router and the Beam but the problem occurred again almost immediately. Should I also reboot the two One SL’s? I’m not entirely sure how they all communicate.

The Beam and One SL’s communicate direct with each other, so maybe reboot each speaker and see if that corrects things, but if the issue keeps returning, then It maybe best to submit a system diagnostic report and either note/post it’s reference back here and then contact/chat with Sonos Support Staff via this LINK  and see what the Staff can suggest to resolve the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Our power was switched off last week for electrical work, and the problem has disappeared again for now. I imagine it will return, at which point I’ll contact Sonos support to see if they can find out the cause.