Answered

Sonos Truplay Issue with Arc

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everyone.  I am stumped!

We have successfully used TruePlay multiple times for all of the rooms in our house and recently I wanted to redo it for our home theatre (Arc, Era 300s and 2 subs).  When I tried on my iPhone 13 miini I received an error message that there was too much noise in the room.  I tried running it again with everything off and got the same message.  I then tried on an iPhone 14 and received the same message.  Both phones had their cases off, do not have lint in them, and tests were performed in a nearly silent room.  I also turned off Bluetooth.

I am not sure what else to try.  Any suggestions?

As I mentioned above, the phones are able to use TruePlay in every other room and also successfully performed TruePlay in our theatre in the past.

icon

Best answer by charlesbell74 2 May 2024, 02:11

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7

HI

Is there outside noise such as someone moving a lawn, city traffic, air condition unit or other external noise?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried closing all apps on the iPhone and removing the case?

Userlevel 7

Good catch. However, the OP said the cases were off. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

HI

Is there outside noise such as someone moving a lawn, city traffic, air condition unit or other external noise?

Hi. Our theatre is in the basement which is very quiet. You don't hear any external noise. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve had complaints from both the air circulation fan on my heat-pump and from a fridge that I can barely hear running. Shutting everything down but the Sonos got it to work.

Not sure if you could get any useful information from Sonos if you submitted a diagnostic and called them to look at it but I’d try that next.

Userlevel 7

It would really be unusual for this setting to be active on both phones… but make sure Airplane mode is not engaged.

Next:

I suggest you delete the app on both phones. Make sure the iOS is up to date on both. Even if the iOS is updated reboot both phones anyway. Reinstall the Sonos app on both phones and try to run Trueplay.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve had complaints from both the air circulation fan on my heat-pump and from a fridge that I can barely hear running. Shutting everything down but the Sonos got it to work.

Not sure if you could get any useful information from Sonos if you submitted a diagnostic and called them to look at it but I’d try that next.

So, I ended up unplugging a freezer in a room next to it and restated my phone. It worked!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just tried restarting the phone and launchingnit first. It worked!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everyone.  I am stumped!

We have successfully used TruePlay multiple times for all of the rooms in our house and recently I wanted to redo it for our home theatre (Arc, Era 300s and 2 subs).  When I tried on my iPhone 13 miini I received an error message that there was too much noise in the room.  I tried running it again with everything off and got the same message.  I then tried on an iPhone 14 and received the same message.  Both phones had their cases off, do not have lint in them, and tests were performed in a nearly silent room.  I also turned off Bluetooth.

I am not sure what else to try.  Any suggestions?

As I mentioned above, the phones are able to use TruePlay in every other room and also successfully performed TruePlay in our theatre in the past.

UPDATE!   I got it to work!  I unplugged a freezer that is next to the room, restated my phone, disabled Bluetooth, and the ran the app first. 

Success!!

Thanks to everyone who posted suggestions.