Sonos Sub mini low bass with Dolby vision content

I purchased a Sonos Sub Mini, which works flawlessly. However, I noticed that when playing Dolby Vision content, the bass does not respond as well as it does with other types of content on Netflix.

System: Beam gen 2, ikea symfonisk and mini.

Tv: TCL qled 55c728 supported hdmi 2.1

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Dolby Vision content with Atmos on Amazon Prime Video and through Plex (for my ripped movies) works flawlessly and I feel clear bass. However, I think it's the Netflix deticated app which causing the issue. Specifically, when I try to watch The Vvitch and Sweet tooth, both have Dolby Vision with DD5.1 but the bass is so slow and I can barely hear anything from my mini. I am wondering if this issue is unique to me or if others have experienced the same problem.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Your Soundbar has no knowledge that the video signal your TV or streamer is decoding is Dolby Vision enabled, if you hear a difference in bass output when playing back DV content it is the content, your streaming device or the TV causing the change.