Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Ones won't connect to Beam Gen 2 as surrounds

• 24 May 2024
  • 4 replies

I am tryiing to set my 2 Sonos Ones up as surround speakers for my Beam Gen 2 but it is simply not working.  I’ve tried everything, reboots, turning off my mesh nodes, hardwiring, disabling wifi, the works.

For an expensive product this is pretty unacceptable, considering I’ve seen many similar posts on here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Have you added the 2 Sonos Ones to your system as separate rooms?already?

Yes they were existing ones I'm repurposing

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Yes they were existing ones I'm repurposing

Sometimes it's worth factory resetting devices when assigning them as surrounds. As long as you have other Sonos devices in your system, you won't lose any data.

I did factory reset one of them but it was touch and go getting it set up again so i chickened out doing the other one. I may give the other one a go when i have time.

I lost a whole afternoon to this and the Sonos Chat kicked me out so i called the support line only to be placed in a70 minute queue. Frankly I'm a bit fed up as the system is supposed to just work and Sonos support is dire. I suppose I'll end up calling them again and sitting on hold for an hour or two...