Answered

Sonos beam, sub, ceiling speakers and amp for TV

• 26 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello, I know there are similar questions posted on the forum but at this point I am just a little confused. I have a beam, sub, amp and ceiling speakers all of which are Sonos products. After doing more research, I understand that the beam acts as the front left, right and center speakers and so using all four of the ceiling speakers for surround purposes is not feasible. Is there a way in the app to just make everything a stereo pair to play throughout the room? It currently does this for music, but right now in TV mode the only thing that is playing is the beam and the sub (not even two of the speakers). Any advice is appreciated. It sounds like it may be easier to just buy two ones as rears and keep the ceiling speakers for music only, but it just seems a bit silly to me to spend more money. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 March 2021, 02:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can group your Beam/Sub setup with your Amp/4 speakers when in TV mode, but you may experience a slight audio delay from the four ceiling speakers.

Another option is to disconnect two of the ceiling speakers from the Amp so you can connect the Amp and two other ceiling speakers to the Beam as surrounds and have a 5.1 setup. Of course this option is dependent on two of your ceiling speakers being in the proper position to act as rear surrounds. You could either leave the other two speakers disconnected or add another Amp to power the two so you can use them when listening to music.

Or just buy two One SLs as rears and keep the ceiling speakers for music only.

Got, thank you for the reply! I guess there is no way to set the beam as a center channel only and use the two front ceiling speakers as left and right? Unfortunately the two that would be rears aren’t quite exactly where they should be. I guess for now I will just keep everything under one room that way when listening to music the sub and beam will still be a part of everything as well. 

Userlevel 7

No, unfortunately the Beam cannot be set up as just a center channel speaker.