Answered

sonos Beam

• 27 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Can anyone tell me. We have two Play1 speakers, we are looking to buy a Sonos Beam for our garden room to use for the T.V in there.....can I connect that to our Play1 speakers on the app to play music through as well?? As well as using it as a soundbar for the T.V separately when needed?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 27 March 2021, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, if I understand your question correctly. Any speakers assigned to rooms can then be grouped to play together. Streamed music will be totally in sync but there would be a very small delay in tv sound to the Play:1’s but that would only be noticeable if you were in a position where sound levels were equal - standing in the doorway between the two rooms. 

Then that is fine. The Beam can do everything that the Play:1s can do with music sources, either singly or in sync.

In fact it can do more, as it is Airplay 2 compatible.

Hi. Yes you have understood it. We have a Play1 in the lounge, one in the kitchen diner and want the Beam in the garden room. We will not want the TV playing through all three. I will want to use the Beam separately with the TV and then when entertaining, use all three for the music.