Answered

sonos arc samsung tv and one source - arc port shuts off

• 25 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

sonos engineering. 

i have been installing your stuff for 8 years

i started installing sonos arcs when they first released

i mainly connect them to samsung as they WERE the most behaved. the last 6 months. i am more and more

running in to this scenario:

sonos arc connected to a samsung Q90C and one

source( like directv or a hdmi switch connected to several sources. 

arc sets up fine when its the only source plugged in

as soon as the other media source (s) is connected 

sonos arc drops - no sound.tv goes to tv speakers

a year a ago i didn’t see this issue at all.  now i am running into it more often. reading the thread. apprently

it happening to many. i understand the issue has to do with CEC. but why now?  as i didnt see this before.

maybe the cec specs for on the tvs have changed?

wonder if anyone in engineering is following and asking if there is any serious effort underway to resolve.

having to add a cec-less adaptor to every source plugged into the tv or having to use optical, is am alternative, but then forces custom installers to

devise IR controls. which is clunky, imo.

so i ask what is being done about correcting this

so your product can be used as intended?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 December 2023, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos engineering doesn’t monitor these forums, Sonos Forum Moderators do. 

Samsung has released multiple firmware updates to their products to ‘fix’ this issue with the CEC computer that exists in their TV sets. Your Sonos is merely a receiver of the audio data. Based on the many complaints posted in these forums regarding Samsung, they have not yet gotten their changes to the CEC data ‘correct’. You should be directing your complaint to Samsung, they don’t maintain a presence, official or otherwise, in these forums. 

Badge +2

possibly, i have already registered my issue with samsung.

talking with their support team. they tell me i am the first to bring this up. which i seriously doubt.

reading the posts, i also see other tv mfgrs have similiar issues with sonos and cec control..

if they all worked together instead of pointing fingers at each other. it would get fixed. but then samsung, lg, etc all make their own sound bars. so where’s the incentive..

another total * show imo-

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

The sound drop outs from the arc connected to Samsung was a problem with the arc when it first came. It was solved by a firmware upgrade, but since sonos fixed the pop sound from some game consoles the drop outs in sound is back 🙈