Answered

Sonos App Stops when closer to Sonos System?!

• 27 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi,

I have 3 rooms with Sonos downstairs in my house (1 x Beam + 2 x One, 1 x One, 1 x Roam). The system itself always works fine, never had any drop out and Alexa always works. The app however constantly loses connection to the system and reconnects intermittently.

I did discover recently however that if I go to the furthest corner upstairs the app connects instantly and is stable.

I have tried the standard off/on again on my router and every Sonos device, but no difference. I also tried the app on IOS and android devices and it is the same on both.

I don’t have anything obvious that would be interfering with the signal downstairs, and as it’s the app not the Sonos system that is cutting out I’m at a loss! It does seem to have got worse since I purchased the Roam.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by ClausN 27 April 2021, 16:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Where about are you, by any chance are you in the UK with a BT Router?

According to his/her profile they are in the UK.  The router question remains as well as are there any extenders being used?

Thanks. I raised a compliant with BT. They tried changing the channel (which did nothing), then they said it was the firmware that is probably causing issues and there is a fix coming soon. Fingers crossed!

Badge +20

Where about are you, by any chance are you in the UK with a BT Router?

Yes to UK and BT Router, no extender. The router is quite new, I was using Virgin before with no issues.