Answered

Samsung Q7 TV and Arc not working properly

• 17 August 2020
  • 6 replies

I have a Samsung QE65Q7FNA TV and a Sonos Arc soundbar. When connected via HDMI-ARC it works for a while but then the soundbar stops being the audio output and the TV reverts to its speaker. 

If I use optical connection instead this doesn’t happen but then cannot control the volume with the Samsung remote because it is not an IR remote. 

From what I’ve read in other threads, this is a known issue for certain Samsung TVs and the Sonos Arc. Does anyone have any updates or suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Kyle A 18 August 2020, 00:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @AndrewUK10, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

Thank you for getting this to our attention and I would like to inform you that the issue is being looked at.

There’s no time frame for a solution at the moment and If a patch has been rolled out, an announcement will be made.

I suggest checking any of the large threads on this topic as the announcement might be posted there or the Main webpage of the Community forum.

For the Samsung Remote, If it’s a Samsung one remote. Here’s an article to set up the Samsung One remote for our Home Theater speaker’s IR receiver.

If the Article didn’t work, the last suggestion is to contact Samsung for assistance.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Hi, I have just purchased a new Arc and Sub and am having a lot of troubel trying to sync to my Samsung Series 9 TV - it wont work, I am not sure if I need a universal remote or if it is a bigger tech issue.

It is very frustrating and from what I have read, including this article, Sonos and Samsung support dont seem to be able to help.

Based on the comments I have read online and the lack of related support articles,  I now intend to take the Arc and Sub back to  the place of puchase (thankfully not on line with Sonos) and if they cannot help, obtain a refund.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @French1, thank you for reaching our and welcome to the community.

Thank you for getting our attention to this; as stated above we have an on-going investigation with the issue and we do apologize with the HDMI-ARC connection issue

Could you please clarify, you’re having sync issues with the TV audio or the remote or both? I would like to help you any way I can. 

I could also take a look at your Sonos system with a diagnostic. Setting > Help & Tips > Submit Diagnostic. Have you tried the AnyNet with your Samsung TV? 

For the return, it depends on where you bought the product.

if it on our store website, you should be able to return it with a refund; as long it’s not passed the 45 day return period.

Return policies differ from 3rd - party sellers, however. You might need to contact them for verification. 

If they say they carry our return policies with our products. Our Sales department should be able to assist you.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

I have the same issue with a Samsung Q8F TV. A brand new Arc is connected to the HDMI(ARC) port and the Arc is not recognized. I can use the optical out but this is not the configuration I want to use as this means I cannot control the volume with a remote and I want to use the additional features supported by ARC.

Is there a fix for this known issue yet and if not, how do I process a return? I purchased the Arc from Sonos.com and it shipping last week.

I’ve been on hold waiting to chat with Sonos support for over an hour….. 

This is not the experience I expected from the top of the line Arc from Sonos.

Badge

Looking at Samsung user experiences. I wonder did anyone try to connect with HD Fury arcana. I think it might eliminate the connection issues. 
If the issues still persists. I think I should just cancel my order as it’s still in backorder. And I have Q7 2019 as well so I will most prolly be a victim of the bug.

I think I will just wait until a fix solution has been found by the devs on this P1 issue. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks, thanks for reaching out here. I understand where you all coming from and let me share this thread with you. This might be the same with your problem. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.