Answered

S1 no longer working

• 13 November 2021
  • 27 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

Badge

Hi, Ok, I turned off the wifi to the MAC and connected the Mac to the ethernet flowing through the Eero system, That did not seem to change anything.  The Sonos app still reports it cannot connect to Sonos but internet, mail, etc, all working with the direct connection.

Sorry, networking is my weakest technology area as it has just tended to work and I may use terms interchangeably which are not truly equal.  Prior to doing this, all devices were on on the same wifi network from the Eero.   I would assume they are still all on the Eero, with the MAC now directly wired to it and the wifi disabled, while the rest of the devices -- ipad, CONNECT, etc., are on the wifi network broadcast by the Eero.

Badge

As I should have maybe not turned off the wifi on the MAC, I turned it back on -- same network as all devices in this thread.  I restarted the S1 App and after about 30 seconds I received a white screen with a black check mark that this Sonos App is now connected to your Sonos System.  I clicked “Done” in the bottom right hand corner and that took me to the familiar black screen of “sorry, we can’t connect to Sonos”.  So maybe something changed slightly?  But the result is still that the MacOS S1 app doesn’t appear to be connected to anything despite the first white background message….