Problems with SUB bass and new update 14.12

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 1

this is not what i paid for i want my money back. i will go with another brand that offers good bass

Userlevel 3
Badge

SONOS’s stock has tanked over 58% during the last 12 months. They are a ship of fools. Because of the upgrade to 14.12, my system (the ARC + Generation 3 Sub + 2 SL Ones) now sounds like a $30 Radio Shack transistor radio.  They have stolen over $2,000 from me, along with countless others.   I am no longer trying to listen to my system.   I am very close to offering it for sale on E-Bay or making a YouTube video that shows me setting my system on fire.  If I do the latter, SONOS shall become another Tiananmen Square!   

Userlevel 2

Waiting on a fix Sonos!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I just got an email reply from Sonos after contacting them, hope this helps……

Hello Ian,

Thank you for contacting Sonos Customer Experience. My name is Shising, and I am happy to assist you regarding your issue. I am sorry you have had to deal with this issue. I know how frustrating it is when the system does not work as it should, and I will do my best to help you.

After the release of R3 2022, an issue was discovered that impacts audio quality negatively with Trueplay enabled on certain Home Theater Configurations.

The issue will result in slightly less output from the Sub. The issue for Arc will also affect certain other frequencies and currently, it can only be fully mitigated by Turning off Trueplay tuning | Sonos.

Please note that R3 also introduced additional changes to the Arc's audio output. These changes are expected and can result in a slightly lower perceived volume output but can simply be changed by raising the volume slightly in the Sonos app. The user doesn't lose out on overall volume, as it's just the volume scale that has been adjusted slightly. These changes are intended and are working as designed.

We are aware of the issue that Trueplay affects the sound quality negatively and are working on a fix but do not have any more information or a timeline to share.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you, and we thank you for your understanding on this matter. If you have other concerns, feel free to let us know.

All the best,

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

They have turned down all speakers except the center speaker. This is done to get clearer dialogue. They have also done something odd to the sub bass. There wasn’t anything wrong with the dialogue or the subb bass before the update. So all in all the worst update since the arc came out. It went from a premium sound system to a system that looks premium, but sounds like crap ☹️🙈