Answered

not getting dolby atmos

I just got an LG C3 Oled. I’m watching Top Gun Maverick on Prime in the LG Prime app. I have arc, sub, and era 300’s. TV to Arc is connected with the hdmi cable that came with the Sonos Arc. HDMI cable is plugged into eARC port.

When I look at the Sonos app on my phone it shows Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 25 March 2024, 07:15

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What are the sound settings on your TV?

I just got an LG C3 Oled. I’m watching Top Gun Maverick on Prime in the LG Prime app. I have arc, sub, and era 300’s. TV to Arc is connected with the hdmi cable that came with the Sonos Arc. HDMI cable is plugged into eARC port.

When I look at the Sonos app on my phone it shows Dolby Multichannel PCM 5.1.

What am I missing?

Top Gun Maverick through Prime is not in Atmos.  To get Atmos, you need to play it through the Paramount+ App.

Amazon now charges extra for no ads and Dolby Vision and Atmos. Not sure if that's maybe the issue. Used to be included but not anymore as of a month or 2 ago 

Amazon now charges extra for no ads and Dolby Vision and Atmos. Not sure if that's maybe the issue. Used to be included but not anymore as of a month or 2 ago 

Even with the extra charge, which I pay for, the Prime version of Meverick doesn't have Atmos.  Prime Atmos titles are few and far between.

Wow, that's very surprising and very disappointing. Lot of Atmos on Max so surprising to see they don't at least include in their most expensive service. Appreciate the heads up.

Thanks. I tried Avatar on Max and the Sonos app is still saying PCM 5.1

Sound out → hdmi (arc) device.

on advanced settings everything is greyed out except for 

Digital Sound Output - auto

eARC support is on.

Dolby Atmos shows on but greyed out 

If I watch Avatar from Max on my Apple TV device, the Sonos app shows multichannel pcm 7.1

Haha I have no idea what’s going on here

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What are the options for Digital Sound Output? What if you experiment with this option?

I was out this week so haven’t had a chance to check. I will later today hopefully.

I haven’t changed any settings but doing the Apple TV+ trial from the app on the tv is getting me Atmos. I am also getting Atmos using Apple TV+ from the Apple TV device. Perhaps it all has to do with the subscriptions and which show.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

@Dolls_el

Yes, Atmos content growing but still not nearly as much available as DD5.1. And even if the movie supports it, some streaming services (like often prime) don’t support the Atmos audio track. 
ATV+ imho is the best one and supoorts Atmos for a big part of their catalogue.