Answered

no sounds output on Sony KDL-40EX720

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

30 replies

Userlevel 7

What you described is very odd. There might be something wrong with your TV.

Try this:

1. Unplug your TV and Arc from power for about a minute.
  2. Plug them both back in and turn on your TV.
  3. Set “Speakers” in your TV settings to “Audio System”.
  4. Set “Control for HDMI” in your TV settings to “On”.
  5. Set “HDMI/DVI Audio Source” in your TV settings to “HDMI Audio”.
  6. Run “TV Setup” under the Arc settings in the Sonos app.
  7. Follow the instructions in the app and plug the HDMI cable in HDMI 1 on your TV.

If this fails, you may just have to use the HDMI to optical adaptor.

Badge

OK, I noticed something interesting that escaped my attention yesterday: while the Sonos Arc is detected in the device list, it is never on HDMI port 1 (the Arc port). It is detected after I connect it to another HDMI port and when I then change the cable to HDMI 1, it is again detected but under the previous port it was connected to.

I then did a factory reset, reconnected the HDMI cable, I got the message about a sound system being active, still no sound and the device is still listed under HDMI 2 while it is plugged into HDMI 1.

Does this give any clue about what is going on?

No other devices plugged in while I was doing this (except the antenna cable).

Userlevel 7

Control for HDMI is the same as Bravia Sync.

Do you have any other devices connected to your TV?

Badge

In HDMI Set-up, Control for HDMI is on. I don’t have an enable Bravia Sync option. Yesterday, in the controllable HDMI system list, Sonos Arc was listed. Today when I turned the TV., it said something about a communication failure and disabling/disconnecting something. Since then, No more Sonos Arc in the list of devices.

I did disconnect everything.

When I plug the soundbar in another HDMI plus, it shows a screen saving pattern, the soundbar plays the Sonos radio without issues. I wonder if something is fried in my HDMI arc port...

Userlevel 7

Do you have Control for HDMI/Bravia Sync (CEC) enabled on your TV? Do you have any other devices connected to your TV? Unplug any devices from your TV before your start the TV Setup process in the Sonos app.