Answered

newbie connection probly

Hi, 

Newbie connection problem

My friend gave me his playbar and bridge and I'm looking to use it as a music speaker, I've never owned a Sonos product before so completely new to it, I've factory reset both and they have both have got green flashing lights, I've downloaded both sonos apps because I wasn't sure which to use, the S2 app found the bridge but not the playbar and said it was incompatible and that I should use the S1 app but that won't find either the bridge or the playbar I have the bridge plugged into my router via Ethernet, I've been searching the internet to find a solution, help I just want to play some music

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 30 May 2021, 22:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

The Bridge isn’t necessary. The Playbar should work fine without the Bridge. Try resetting the Bridge and Playbar again and just use the S1 app to set up the Playbar.

Thanks for the reply, I tried resetting but it says Product Not Found, I forgot to mention that the playbar isn't connected to Ethernet, because no don't have one in the room I want it in, do you need it for it to work?

Userlevel 7

It’s not necessary but it might be helpful to temporarily wire it the router just to complete the setup process since you seem to be having some issues. Read through this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3567?language=en_US