Answered

My Beam cannot connect to my Samsung TV

I just bought an ARC for the the living room so I moved the Beam to our bedroom.

The bedroom TV is a Samsung 43" Class TU7000 (un43tu7000fxza). The ARC port is labeled eARC and that's what it's plugged into, from what I understand that should work. My Beam is the only thing plugged into the it and it's the same cable that was working with my Sony TV in the living room.

HDMI eARC mode is enabled along with Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). I've hard power cycled both the beam and tv, both unplugged and plugged in, I've also factory reset the beam and that did not resolve the issue.

I can mange the beam with the Sonos app and am able to play music on it, but when running the connection troubleshooter on the Sonos app it's telling me CEC is not connected.

Any and all advice is appreciated, thank you!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 8 May 2021, 16:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Leave AnyNet+ switched ‘ON’. eARC needs to be switched ‘OFF’ on the TV … and then run the TV setup in the Sonos App “Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]” and see if that fixes it. If not, check that the TV sound out is set to Dolby Digital (not Dolby Digital Plus).

Leave AnyNet+ switched ‘ON’. eARC needs to be switched ‘OFF’ on the TV … and then run the TV setup in the Sonos App “Settings/System/[Beam Room Name]” and see if that fixes it. If not, check that the TV sound out is set to Dolby Digital (not Dolby Digital Plus).

No joy on that unfortunately. 

Today I swapped HDMI cables and factory reset the television. When it was at the Samsung setup screen it recognized an HDMI plug was connected to the ARC port, but it said I needed to turn on the device. I restarted the beam multiple times during this. 

No joy on that unfortunately. 

Today I swapped HDMI cables and factory reset the television. When it was at the Samsung setup screen it recognized an HDMI plug was connected to the ARC port, but it said I needed to turn on the device. I restarted the beam multiple times during this. 

So does the Beam work with your TV optical port (using the adapter provided) if you switch the TV sound-out to the optical port in the TV settings?