How to connect sonos ARC to denon avr-x2200w

• 26 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi guys

I would like to know how I can connect my denon avr-x2200w to my sonos arc, the structure is as follows: I have an Apple tv connected to denon, but I would like the audio to come out through the sonos arc, is it possible?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Does the Denon have HDMI ARC? That is the kind of signal the Sonos is looking for, not simple HDMI. In most cases, HDMI ARC is created in a TV/monitor/projector.

If the Denon has a tape loop (analog output), you could connect a Sonos Port to it, and get the signal in the Sonos ecosystem that way, and then it could play on any Sonos speakers, including your Arc.

Does the Denon have HDMI ARC? That is the kind of signal the Sonos is looking for, not simple HDMI. In most cases, HDMI ARC is created in a TV/monitor/projector.

it looks like it has an HDMI OUT, ARC output. As shown in the image on the right side, I am not sure if it is only video output or audio can also output

My guess, without looking at the manual, is that the ‘white’ connection could go to the Arc, the ‘dark’  connection to your TV/projector/monitor. 

But you really should read the manual that came with this device.