Answered

Era 100 speakers - what is needed to connect?

• 15 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I am in the middle of converting my garage to a mini man cave and I have just bought the Arc sound bar and 2x Era 100’s for surround effect. While they are a few days away from delivery I wanted to understand how they connect so I can have my electrician build the room properly before the new studwalls are erected…

From what I understand the Eras need a USB or Optic cable (can someone please explain what the difference in between the two) connection - but does this go back to the Arc or is it hard wired to a power source? I have looked online for video / reddit or anything but I just don’t see enough detail to guide my sparky.

Thanks

Bryan

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 15 March 2024, 16:04

View original

4 replies

The Arc needs to connect to the HDMI-ARC port of your TV.  The Arc will then send the surround audio to your Era 100s wirelessly.  The Arc, and Era 100s all need to be connected to a normal power outlet as they have the amp and other electronics built it.  So just make sure the electrician places power outlets nearby where the speakers will be placed.

Hey Melvimbe! You are a hero - thank you so much. I figured as such but seeing things online about 3.5mm jack etc had me slightly confused!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You will also need a wifi signal there, in order to set up your speakers. 

Userlevel 7

Hi

Congrats on building your mini man cave. You are probably going to frame your garage walls. Just in case you are not or maybe have concrete on a wall where the Era 100’s will reside take a look at my garage project in the link. It’s not a man cave I just like music in my garage when I’m working on a project or waxing my car 😂

https://en.community.sonos.com/general%2Dfeedback%2Dand%2Dconversation%2D229090/era%2D100%2Dnot%2Dyour%2Dtypical%2Dwall%2Dmounting%2Dproject%2D6882453

Note: Adding a sub will greatly improve your listening experience. It also relieves the Arc of low-end frequencies and improves dialogue, mids and highs.