Answered

eArc connection between Samsung QN85B and Sonos Beam Gen 2 drops frequently

• 3 November 2023
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have had my Samsung 65” QLED (QN85B) TV connected to my Sonos Beam Gen 2 via eArc for over a year. In the last month, when I turn on the TV, the two units connection is lost. This happens frequently (once a week or so). To resolve, I must turn off the Samsung TV, unplug the Sonos, wait 10 seconds, plug in the Sonos, wait for lights to stop blinking, turn on the TV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 7 November 2023, 12:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

21 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Beam and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Anynet+ is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Beam to the TV’s HDMI ARC/eARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Beam has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have reset the devices per GuitarSuperstar’s recommendation. Will monitor the devices over the next weeks to see if this has resolved the issue. Thanks so much for the reply.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The above did not resolve the issue. Again, this morning, the Samsung TV was disconnected from the Sonos Beam Gen 2. I unplugged the Sonos, waited 10 seconds, plugged it back in, waited for lights to stop flashing, turned on the TV and the connection was re-established. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks … Clark

Power must be removed for at least two minutes before the TV will reboot.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Tried disconnecting power for 2 minutes. No improvement. Devices still frequently disconnect upon power up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Clark_1701 

There was a similar issue recently whereby Beams would have no audio when playing TV audio coming from certain Samsung TVs, which has now been resolved. As your TV and Beam seem to be losing the connection between them, however, this seems like a different issue. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Chatted with Sonos technical support today. After submitting diagnostics and reviewing TV settings, they had me reset (turn off, then back on) the Anynet+ setting on the Samsung TV and indicated that this resulted in clearing the issues on the Sonos Beam itself. They recommend monitoring the devices to see if the situation is resolved. I will do so, and report back to this topic with the results.

Chatted with Sonos technical support today. After submitting diagnostics and reviewing TV settings, they had me reset (turn off, then back on) the Anynet+ setting on the Samsung TV and indicated that this resulted in clearing the issues on the Sonos Beam itself. They recommend monitoring the devices to see if the situation is resolved. I will do so, and report back to this topic with the results.

Apparently there have been some updates released in recent days by Samsung for some of their TV models to apparently fix issues with different soundbars, so maybe also check to see if there have been any software updates for your TV.

Hope you get the dropout issues resolved. 👍

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks for the recommendation Ken_Griffiths. There have been no software updates from Samsung for my TV of late.

The situation recurred today. Chatted with Sonos support, they referred me to Sonos Technical Support (via email). Awaiting contact from Sonos Technical Support. Will update this topic as the issue is worked with Sonos Technical Support.

Userlevel 1

I have exactly the same problem with Sonos Beam 2 + QN85B.

I tried reseting the sonos beam 2 or power off+disconnecting+reconnect everything but still having the same disconnection problem.

The connection can be resumed once I power off and power on the beam.

Waiting for your update and see how can it be resolved

I think the update you’re waiting for is from Samsung, not from Sonos.

I have exactly the same problem with Sonos Beam 2 + QN85B.

I tried reseting the sonos beam 2 or power off+disconnecting+reconnect everything but still having the same disconnection problem.

The connection can be resumed once I power off and power on the beam.

Waiting for your update and see how can it be resolved

See the Staff (@Corry P’s) post earlier in the thread, as they are asking for anyone with such HT issues to submit a diagnostic report and to get in touch with their technical support to help them gather the data and (hopefully) fix the issue with some models of Samsung TV.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Chatted further with Sonos support ealier today. They had me test my Sonos Beam Gen 2 on another TV (which I should have thought of myself) and it appears to work fine on my LG TV. So … off I went to chat with Samsung support. After verifying my TV had the latest sofware version, Samsung requested I do a factory reset. Since the issue is intermittent, it will take a few days to see if this helped or not. Will follow up in a few days with the latest results.

Let us know if this has worked for you. I’m having exactly the same issue with my S95B and blBeam Gen 2.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

The factory reset did not resolve the issue. I chatted with Samsung support again and they referred me to their “next level of support” that will contact me by email. I am awaiting their contact. Will post again when I know more.

Same issue that starting happening recently with my Samsung TV. I know Samsung hasnt updated the firmware, but something in the recent Sonos updates has broken things. It keeps loosing eArc connectivity and have to keep restoring the Beam

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Took 6 days but the situation occurred again, the Samsung TV and Sonos Beam Gen 2 were “disconnected” on start up. Both Sonos and Samsung support was to contact me by email, but I have had no contact from either. Will try to follow up with them outside of the US holidays. Several users have indicated they have same/similar problem. If anyone finds a resolution, would appreciate a post to this topic. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

don’t waste of your precious time the issue is with sonos frimware from 15.8 the issue begins.

sonos know about this issue and we waiting for a fix the work of that fix.

I am in touch with them and you can be update in my post.

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/15-8-update-is-a-nightmare-6885678/index5.html

Was this ever resolved? I see the chat referred to is now closed.

i have the same issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I spoke with Sonos Support on 12-11-2023. Support indicated that this is a known issue with no projected resolution date and that Sonos has no means of notifying customers when the issue is resolved. Since then, I noticed the Sonos app went from version 15.10 to 15.11. I continue to have the same issue … “eArc connection between Samsung QN85B and Sonos Beam Gen 2 drops frequently”.

Thank you Clark. I checked and have no updates available in Sonos , or Samsung for that matter.