Skip to main content
Question

Difficulty following change in WiFi

• 8 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello. We recently switched WiFi to AT&T Air. My Sonos system worked very well before and I have made some progress in setting Sonos system up again under the new WiFi. A couple of continued problems 1) - I can not get the Mini-Sub to connect - I have tried reset numerous times - the set up sees it (although i have to enter the code on the bottom of the sub each time- even with phone has no case on it) but when it come time to press the button on front - the light turns orange and the phone says it cannot connect - have tried this a dozen times - also directly wired the sub to router with no success. Any ideas? 

I successfully created new system and added Beam and two Era 100s as a stereo pair (just missing the sub), and added everything to Office as the room. In the past, all of the components showed up under one location - but now the Beam is separately in Office and the Stereo Pair is separately in Office - they appear to be two separate rooms - which is not doable and not what I intended (or the way it was before). Any ideas on this one as well?

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

The first thing you did wrong was reset the system. The simplest solution would have been to rename the new WIFI the same as the old one with the same password. They you may have only needed to reboot the speakers to get a new IP address.

Now you should reset everything again and hard wire the Beam only if you can. Not the Sub or surrounds. Then set up the Beam first and ADD the Sub and surrounds to the Beam, not add another room.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please see this article: 

https://support.sonos.com/en-gb/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Thank you everyone for your ideas. I believe I solved all of the issues but for the mini sub - it simply will not connect. I am on hold with Sonos support now.

Badge +1

Hello. We recently switched WiFi to AT&T Air. My Sonos system worked very well before and I have made some progress in setting Sonos system up again under the new WiFi. A couple of continued problems 1) - I can not get the Mini-Sub to connect - I have tried reset numerous times - the set up sees it (although i have to enter the code on the bottom of the sub each time- even with phone has no case on it) but when it come time to press the button on front - the light turns orange and the phone says it cannot connect - have tried this a dozen times - also directly wired the sub to router with no success. Any ideas? 

I successfully created new system and added Beam and two Era 100s as a stereo pair (just missing the sub), and added everything to Office as the room. In the past, all of the components showed up under one location - but now the Beam is separately in Office and the Stereo Pair is separately in Office - they appear to be two separate rooms - which is not doable and not what I intended (or the way it was before). Any ideas on this one as well?

Thank you!

Not because of internet connection different providers, the latest software itself made fall apart. I am SONOS user for long enough I had no issues. The latest update made everyone miserable life. I am planning to move different brand sound system if they didn't fix the issue.  

I have the exact same issue with pressing button on sub not being connected to Sonos system even though my play 5 is connected. Tech support are not able to fix this issue. Any ideas to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks