Answered

Best placement rear speaker

• 4 April 2023
  • 5 replies

hello all, Im excited to receive my first Sonos system in a few days, comprising of 

Sonos arc, sub mini and 2 rear 100’s.

I’m looking for opinions on best location to put the rears, i will predominantly be watching films but i do listen to quite a bit of music so i’m wondering if spacing them out wider would be better?

Ive attached a photo for reference, would the blue option be better than the red band the speakers would be more spaced out?

thanks for your help!

Gordon.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 4 April 2023, 22:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d try them on top of your kitchen cabinets too, narrow and wide. You might like that and you can usually fish a power cord up through gaps in the cabinets.

Lower is likely better for surround imaging but I find high mounting adequate after spousal push-back on “proper” positioning.

Userlevel 7

For a more balanced sound, I would go with the red option.

I guess I’m worried a bit about boxing in the sound too much when it comes to music 

Userlevel 7

I guess I’m worried a bit about boxing in the sound too much when it comes to music 

Try it both ways and pick the option that sounds the best to your ears.

Spousal pushback haha, cool

ill try a few different spots!