arcana and hdmi connect

• 29 February 2024
  • 13 replies

I use an hdfury Acana to solve lip sync issues with my Sonos arc but the arc won't connect if I have other devices connected with hdmi like a blu Ray player.  I have to unplug any other hdmi connected devices and the arc will connect.  Any help would be appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Have you contacted the support people at HD Fury? The folks here are Sonos, generally speaking, as this is a Sonos Community Forum. 

Sounds like a potential CEC interference issue, if I were to guess. I’d be tempted to turn off CEC on the blue ray, if possible, but the HD Fury folks would know their hardware/software much better. 

Userlevel 7

Disconnect everything from the TV. Connect the Arc to the Arcana’s eARC OUT. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app. Follow the app instructions and connect the Arcana from its HDMI OUT to the TV’s HDMI ARC port when the app instructs you to do so. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect your other devices to the TV.

Thanks

Is there any other way to solve lip sync issues without using an Acana ?? Love the Sonos set up but the way it is set up I'm having to unplug one thing to use another. Any suggestions would be appreciated and will try above suggestions 👍

Userlevel 7

Thanks

Is there any other way to solve lip sync issues without using an Acana ?? Love the Sonos set up but the way it is set up I'm having to unplug one thing to use another. Any suggestions would be appreciated and will try above suggestions 👍

Buy an hdmi switch and connect that to the Arcana as the input.

I have used a switch and its the same. I'm wondering if its something I've got wrong with hdmi settings in the other devices like cec .

Userlevel 7

What model TV do you have?

Userlevel 7

I have used a switch and its the same. I'm wondering if its something I've got wrong with hdmi settings in the other devices like cec .

Can you confirm your exact setup? What is currently connected to what?

I have a philips 804 oled TV with a Sonos arc, sub and ones. I have my sky q 2 tb box plugged directly into an Acarna to solve lip sync issues. This all works ok the problem is when I plug my fire cube or panasonic blu Ray into my TV hdmi port the Sonos can't connect so I have to switch to tv speakers but if I unplug them the sonos will connect.  Any thoughts?? Cheers

Userlevel 7

I have a philips 804 oled TV with a Sonos arc, sub and ones. I have my sky q 2 tb box plugged directly into an Acarna to solve lip sync issues. This all works ok the problem is when I plug my fire cube or panasonic blu Ray into my TV hdmi port the Sonos can't connect so I have to switch to tv speakers but if I unplug them the sonos will connect.  Any thoughts?? Cheers

The Sonos Arc is connected to the Arcana eARC OUT.

Looks like you always keep the Sky Q box connected to the HDMI IN on the Arcana.

In order to use the Fire Cube or blu ray player, you need to connect them through the Arcana, hence, the earlier suggestion to use an HDMI switch. The Sky Q box, Fire Cube and Blu Ray player would be connected to the HDMI switch and the output hdmi from the switch would be connected to the HDMI IN on the Arcana. 

I have used a switch but the same thing happens if more than one device is plugged in at one time the Sonos hdmi won't connect. 

Userlevel 7

If you change the Digital Out Format setting on the TV to Multichannel (bypass), do you still experience lip sync issues?

Userlevel 7

I have used a switch but the same thing happens if more than one device is plugged in at one time the Sonos hdmi won't connect. 

Try it again but exclude the Fire Cube as that can be aggressive in it's CEC demands.

Then try connecting the Fire Cube to see if its that device causing the issue.

If disabling CEC in Fire Cube settings doesn't resolve the issue, you could always buy a CEC-less adaptor and try that.

My TV is already set to multichannel bypass and the lip sync is obvious without the Acana. If you take the Acana out the equation and plug everything directly to the TV everything works brilliantly but with lip sync issues.